OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Firearms You'd Wish They'd Make One Day...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2009 at 14:21
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

Would also like to see some more upper crust bolt action 22 lr.'s as well.

+1!!!  For some reason, really nice rimfires just don't seem to sell very well. 

Agreed. For a while, some of the gun rags where pimping them and sales were stronger and now they have fallen off. I don't even think that Kimber is making 22's anymore which is a shame.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2009 at 16:39
Nope, the Kimber (of NY) .22 was indeed dropped a couple years ago.  A shame, as it was a fine rifle.  One of my most prized rifles is my Kimber of Oregon M82 Super America.  I dreamed of owning one in the 1980's, but I never crossed paths with the right one, until I began to accept that it would never happen.  I finally found one in mint condition at a reasonable price 12 years after the company went bankrupt.  I didn't plan to buy a rifle that day, but my guard was down, and it was just too irresistable to pass up!  The Cooper M57, especially the one you have, is probably a better rifle, but I still love the K of O 82, as much as anything for the feeling of nostalgia it evokes in me!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2009 at 17:34
CZ 527 carbine chambered fro 6.5 Grendel.
Marlin 44mag lever gun with a fast enough twist to stabilize REALLY heavy bullets.
Decent quality pistol cartridge carbine chambered for 357 Sig and legal in California.

ILya
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2009 at 14:10
Lots of good suggestions. Here's a few off the top of my head.
1. S&W J frame in titanium, in Fed. 327 mag. hammerless
2. AR-10 flat top in 260 Rem. with free floated 20 inch barrel and picatiny rails on forearm.
3. 22 rimfire conversion unit for the Steyr AUG or STG 556.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2009 at 12:47
Hmmmm.
1.  Remington 700 in 6.5x47.  CDL SF or Sendero style would be nice.
2.  Colt Python.  Please start making these again!
3.  Smith & Wesson L frame in 327 FedMag.  Good for 8 or 9 shots! 
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
biggreen747 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 20:40
Here's another vote for a good double rifle at a price affordable to the majority of us (I know this is subjective but i'm thinking 2k-3k give or take a few hundred) chambered in the new 416 Ruger.
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 20:52
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Lots of good suggestions. Here's a few off the top of my head.
1. S&W J frame in titanium, in Fed. 327 mag. hammerless
2. AR-10 flat top in 260 Rem. with free floated 20 inch barrel and picatiny rails on forearm.
3. 22 rimfire conversion unit for the Steyr AUG or STG 556.

A S&W AirLite in .327 would be super cool!!!!Excellent
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 21:22
How about a Judge revolver with shorter cylinder for just 45 long colt or 44 special.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Horsemany View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsemany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2009 at 19:13

A Winchester Model 70 that's an exact replica of the pre 64 plus a gas flange on the bolt shroud.  Retain the one piece pre 64 bolt and handle.  Put it in an updated slimmer stock design shaped like the Ruger Hawkeye with that red rubber pad.  IMO that'd be getting close to perfect.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic