OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New 25 caliber 100 grain Scirocco bullet.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 25 caliber 100 grain Scirocco bullet.
    Posted: October/06/2009 at 10:31
I was checking for bullets for a new used 25:06 when I discovered Swift has a 25 caliber 100 grain Scirocco bullet. This bullet has a listed b.c. of .429, about as high as it gets for this weight. Most of you already knew this but if you did not, now you do.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2009 at 11:40
I was not aware of this, though I wish it were a 110-117gr bullet instead.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
boliodogs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2009 at 12:16
Me too. That 100 will shoot very flat out of a 25:06 or 257 Weatherby. They will probably add a 117 later.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2009 at 12:42
if it were in that 110-117gr that would be the cats meow for .257's for sure.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2009 at 12:53
It's about time.  That bullet's been due to come out for a couple of years now.  I might try some in my .25-06.  It'll be hard to beat the load I have for a 100g Barnes TSX though.  I do have a box of 110g Accubonds I have never loaded.  Anybody tried those?  I have one friend who loves em.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
boliodogs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2009 at 18:54
Hornady has a new  25 caliber 110 grain interbond bullet I saw in the 2009 Cabela shooter catalog. I have never used any of these bullets but I have researched the hell out of them. From everything I have read the Hornady interbond, Swift Scirocco and Nosler accubond are all great performers on the animals their weight and caliber would be suited for. All of them have very high ballistic coefficient, expand to double diameter or better,and retain 60 to 90 percent of their weight. They penetrate less than the Barnes TSX or the Nosler partition but more than the Nosler ballistic tip. The Scirocco and the Interbond expand  a little wider and hold on to more weight than the accubond but the accubond penetrates a little deeper.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2009 at 20:08
nosler has the 110 gr accubond as well.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic