OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Innercity youths kill.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Innercity youths kill.....
    Posted: September/28/2009 at 18:04
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2009 at 18:07
There is always a way around the ammo shortage,kids are so smart .
I'm classic shag nasty type.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2009 at 18:33
Taken from an online news source.

"The death of Derrion Albert, a sophomore at Christian Fenger Academy High School, on Thursday has reignited community outrage over chronic violence involving city students and is putting pressure on school and police officials to address gang problems that often are at the root of such violence.

Sure, blame the cops and the schools for the actions of these bastards!!
How 'bout putting your foot up Mom and Pop's (if you can find him) asses and holding THEM accountable!!!!!

This young man died because "parents", I use that term only in the biological sense, refused to raise their kids.
Freakin savages!!   
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2009 at 18:45
Absolutely Mark.  Single parent families are epidemic to this community - same story up here.  No father figure to provide guidance and stability, latchkey kids getting their education from TV, the street, and gang members, dropping out of school. 

Hard to see a positive end here anywhere in the future.
God save the Empire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2009 at 18:57
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

Absolutely Mark.  Single parent families are epidemic to this community - same story up here.  No father figure to provide guidance and stability, latchkey kids getting their education from TV, the street, and gang members, dropping out of school. 

Hard to see a positive end here anywhere in the future.

Eloquently stated, as always, Craig.
I'm fuming mad over this!! 
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2009 at 19:07
That was disturbing.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2009 at 19:24
That's why I raised my kids on a farm in Kansas.......THAT looks like something out of a TERMINATOR movie.......

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2009 at 19:54

Damn !!!! that was messed up. why would kids do this Sh!t i'll never know. i hope they catch the little %$#*&

I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2009 at 20:22
You take away the guns they will use something else to kill with...
Gun control has nothing to do with stopping violence...

You can put partial blame on parents, gentlemen, but the system is what is broken. 

The system doesnt punish the criminal, it punishes the victim more.  Courts are way to soft on the criminals,  too many second chances are given with no concern for the victims. 

I have seen it too many times, victims have few rights, all of the rights are given to the criminal.  Even our constitution grants a fair trial to the criminal, the victim is not granted the same fair trial... 

The thing that bugs me, about the video, was the guy in the background, saying, "damn!" and laughing about it.  Soap Box

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2009 at 21:24
Where are the men? I bet there were a half dozen that stood by and did nothing. The same thing happened in the armory a while back and I know if I hadn't stepped in that kid would have been killed just the same. How is it that people can just stand and watch?
Step back and look at the big picture. That "community" wants somebody else to solve the problem because there are no men there just trash. Its gettin time for some Charles Bronson "Deathwish" people to show up. And the law needs to look the other way for a while.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2009 at 01:55
Originally posted by Trays 7940 Trays 7940 wrote:

You can put partial blame on parents, gentlemen, but the system is what is broken. 

The system doesnt punish the criminal, it punishes the victim more.  Courts are way to soft on the criminals,  too many second chances are given with no concern for the victims. 

With all due respect to your profession, this country currently has more people incarcerated than any other country on the planet. I think the courts are punishing criminals and doing their job in that regard. So should we just keep on building more and more prisons to house the criminals in our society that break our laws?
A U.S. Justice Department report released on November 30  2006, showed that a record 7 million people -- or one in every 32 American adults -- were behind bars, on probation or on parole at the end of last year. Of the total, 2.2 million were in prison or jail.

This instance, at least to me, is a prime example of how we should decriminalize drugs, free NONVIOLENT drug offenders to make room for and put little pricks like the ones that killed this kid behind bars like the animals that they are.  

But, the cause of the real "problem" is still the total collapse of the family unit, caused by fatherless children, abandonment of morals and generations of unearned entitlements.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2009 at 05:55
"You take away the guns they will use something else to kill with...
Gun control has nothing to do with stopping violence..."

As evindenced Tray by the increasing number of knife attacks/fights that have been in the local papers here recently.  Pretty soon I expect to see legislation to outlaw carrying pocket knives.  Used to be a rite of passage for a youngster to start carrying a jack knife, I still do.

And I am starting to feel more like Sarge every day when I see some of the scum on the streets.  There are an awful lot out there who could better serve society as fish food.
God save the Empire!
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2009 at 09:14
I think it starts at home.  The worst thing you could have told me when I was growing up was "Wait till I tell your father about this".  
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2009 at 09:46

I agree!! There needs to be more discipline at home and in schools, but it is not the schools responsibility to raise anyone’s child. I was raised with out a father and I think I turned out alright. I did things as a child I shouldn’t have done but when mom found out it was not fun at my house. I see it today on a college level of students destroying property and then mom or dad whooping out the check book and paying for it and the student not understanding the actions of what they have done and getting away scot free. It drives me nuts on how a blind eye is turned when the check books open on the schools side. You can kick a basketball into the fire sprinkler system over 4 brand new basketball courts and bust it and flood the building and ruin everything in the building totaling over 2mill and mommy and daddy can bail your ass out and the school not say anything to you about it. What a great place. Hell you can make a “make shift bomb” and it go off and hurt and employee and mom and dad can “pay” your way out of it. I think the Moms and dads need to bust there ass’s all the way home and they need to be thrown out of school. I might be a little tuff but damn folks get some balls to raise you kids and put your foot in there ass’s when need be.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2009 at 10:11
I think it all falls back on the parents as well.  My wife works in education and she did her student teaching at two of the worst schools in Salt Lake County.  She said most of the parents just don't give a sh*t and they use the schools as a day care for the kids.  They literally think that is what it is for.  Parents get pissed off at the teachers and school when their kids would get suspended because they think they are at school to be taken care of and tended.  They would yell and scream at the teachers telling them that have to work and don't have time to take care of their kids during the day. 

I lived in Baltimore for a while as a missionary for my church.  I spent a lot of time in the inner city and it is crazy there.  I got guns, knives pulled on me.  Bottles, rocks, sticks, threw at me, punched, kicked, chased, threatened nearly every day.  It is insane the way some of those kids are.  The sad thing is those young kids have no chance growing up in that.  The only thing they have to look up to are the gang bangers on the street corners and that is what they all become.  "Some" of the parents really try, but they loose their kids to the streets.  But in reality most parents just don't care. 

I seen a group of kids stomping a guy and the put his teeth/mouth on the curb and curb kicked him on the back of the head.  It was insane what they do to each other. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2009 at 12:30
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

"You take away the guns they will use something else to kill with...
Gun control has nothing to do with stopping violence..."

As evindenced Tray by the increasing number of knife attacks/fights that have been in the local papers here recently.  Pretty soon I expect to see legislation to outlaw carrying pocket knives.  Used to be a rite of passage for a youngster to start carrying a jack knife, I still do.

And I am starting to feel more like Sarge every day when I see some of the scum on the streets.  There are an awful lot out there who could better serve society as fish food.

I second that 'fish food' theory.... Public punishment and public execution should be brought back.  Nobody fears our current punishment system anymore.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2009 at 12:40

I don't know, gentlemen, I see too many criminals walk out of jail- most of the time before the ink on the paperwork is dry. 

I taught school for 13 years, supertool.  I agree a lot of parents feel school is a daycare center.  However, many of those parents are working two jobs to make ends meet- it is a daycare for them. 

Iam not going to argue any points with you guys... We could pool our thoughts and all of us would be right in one way or another... and probably the problem is, all of our thoughts and ideas combined... One thing that has always bugged me though, you have to have a license to drive a car, get married, Hell, even seel goods on the street corner... but anyone can have a child...

I went to a domestic disturbance a fews years back.  The female was beat the hell out of.  She had three kids by this guy and all she could tell me about him was, "he goes by the name of Red."  No birthday.  No name.  No family address.  Just Red.  

I guess that is another point for yalls idea of it starting at home, but I look at it like this.  If the system didnt keep paying for her to have kids, it would not be worth her having those kids and maybe she wouldnt.  She gets more money, from the Government, each time she has a kid... Where is the sense in that? 

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2009 at 12:50
Thats a good point trays.  Lots of people have the kids just for the money, and abuse the system that way.  Even in the small town I live in, I know several women who do just that.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2009 at 12:51
Scooter, you got your thought in while I was typing mine... I believe you are correct. Most criminals, gang bangers, etc. do not fear the criminal justice system...
I also agree that public punishment must be brought back... People need to see the end results of what their bad decisions are... JMPO...

SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2009 at 12:57
+1.  More public hangings.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic