OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon vs. Bushnell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grand poo bah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon vs. Bushnell
    Posted: September/23/2009 at 11:08
Hey all.  I'm looking at these 2 scopes brands.  Any opinions on which has the best optics for the money.  I'm in the budget range of about 450-500
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2009 at 11:30
There are some good ones in each line. Personally, I favor the Elite's over the Monarchs, but either are fine for most uses. Whatever lifts your skirt man. Good luck. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2009 at 12:19
I have 2 Bushnell Elite 4200s, 1 Elite 3200 and one Monarch.  I prefer the Elite 4200.  I would like an Elite 6500 but out of my price range.  There is not a huge difference for me, but the Elite has the edge.  I also do like the Rainguard.  It comes in handy for me.
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
fireroad View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2009 at 17:17
4200 is going to be about the best optics for the money. Monarch's are very nice, but their reticles are too light for me. The 6500 may be a hair out of your price range depending on size, but it's a darn fine scope too.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2009 at 18:29
I prefer the Elite 4200 myself, but there are some Monarch configurations that do not exist in the Elite 4200 line.

ILya
boliodogs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2009 at 14:47
If you shop hard you can find a Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x42 for $500 shipping included. That is the one I am going to buy.
boliodogs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2009 at 15:24
I should tell you I have never seen a 6500 scope. I am going by information from my own research and the opiions of others on this forum. Also Bushnell says in the 2008 catalog that the 6500 is their best scope in every way.
fireroad View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2009 at 16:01
Yup, find the best price, send the website to SWFA and ask for a price match. They have always done me good unless they are out/don't stock something.  Your next best bet is Arcadian sales ... excellent service. I would avoid fleabay on a purchase of that amount, plus there is usually someone out there that can beat them.

I did alot of research when I bought mine (1 week ago) and the best price you are going to find is about $530 shipped for the 652164M model.   The only way to get cheaper than that is to buy a refurbished model or buy direct from Bushnell through the active military program.  Good luck!

Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2009 at 09:28
Bushnell has the edge over the Monarch, better glass and made in Japan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic