OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Pentax HR II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sportsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentax HR II
    Posted: July/12/2005 at 23:12

Are these binoculars pretty good? Im thinking of buying them for my brother who has a pair of bushnell trophy binoculars. I had a pair of Nikon Monarch ATB before and thought they were very nice for the price range. Will the Pentax HR II be much better than the monarchs in brightness and clarity? Has anybody comapared these two? or have experience with the HR II? I thought the Monarchs were pretty bright and clear. What do you guys think?

Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2005 at 10:10

I am a Pentax fan so I'd say go with them over the Nikon.  My father had a pair of Nikon Monarchs and both of us were not impressed with the the nocs especially in the evening.  The Pentax Hr II's that I've handled seemed like they would be pretty good, you might also want to check out the Bushnell Legends. 

I have stated this before I think the best kept secrect in binoculars is the Carson XM's.  Nothing I have compared them to in that price range comes close.  In fact some things I've compared them to that cost a lot more were about the same.  I belong to an archery forum and many people love the Carson Xm series.  Below is a link for a review of the Carsons

http://www.naturephotographers.net/articles0404/je0404-1.htm l

Also even as a visitor you can go to  www.archerytalk.com  go to "search" for Carsons and read up, I think you will be impressed.

If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic