OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Best Scope for .22 under $70

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john.pinney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Scope for .22 under $70
    Posted: September/22/2009 at 11:30
I recently bought a Ruger 10/.22 and I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to what the best scope is for around $70.  I shoot targets and varmit.  Thanks!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2009 at 15:46
Bushnell 3-9x40 Trophy Rifle Scope Multi-X Bushnell 3-9x40 Trophy Rifle Scope
Stock # - 733948PM
  • Matte
  • Multi-X
  • 1"
  • Free Bushnell 20x50 Spotting Scope
$89.95 
Add Bushnell 3-9x40 Trophy Rifle Scope to Cart
Weaver 4x28 Classic Rimfire Rifle Scope Dual-X Weaver 4x28 Classic Rimfire Rifle Scope
Stock # - 849430
  • Matte
  • Dual-X
  • 1"
$119.95 
Add Weaver 4x28 Classic Rimfire Rifle Scope to Cart
Weaver 2.5-7x28 Classic Rimfire Rifle Scope Dual-X Weaver 2.5-7x28 Classic Rimfire Rifle ScopeThunbs UpLove
Stock # - 849431
  • Matte
  • Dual-X
  • 1"
$139.95 
Add Weaver 2.5-7x28 Classic Rimfire Rifle Scope to Cart 
10705 Bushnell 3-9x38 Sportview 743938, Gloss finish, plex reticle, 1" tube, new in box never mounted $95.00 $39.95
10707 Bushnell 3-9x38 Sportview 743938, Gloss finish, plex reticle, 1" tube, new in box never mounted $95.00 $39.95
$70 in the world of optics is not really enough to get to what I consider a "Good" rimfire scope like the Weaver 2.5-7 which is what I have on my 22. The bushnell trophy scopes are a fairly sturdy scope I have a couple of them in other models but the deal with the free spotter is very appealing.  Of the above scopes the Weaver is the only true rimfire which means that its parallax is adjusted for closer ranges where the other scopes are adjusted for parallax at 100 yds I believe.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
emimiaga View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emimiaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2009 at 21:01
I have been using a Simmons 22 mag 3X9 AO on my Kimber 22 for about 3 years, works just fine. I believe I paid about $60 for it then.  They now have a new reticule system which is supposed to be very rugged. competitor carries them:

http://www.competitorss.com/brand.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=SN&prodID=SN511072&prodTitle=Simmons%20Riflescopes%2022%20Mag%20Series%203%209x32%20Matte%20with%20Rings%20Adjustable%20Objective
A person who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. The person who never asks is a fool forever.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2009 at 23:52
Topic: The O.T. Rules
    Posted: 17/January/2007 at 16:37

1.  Keep it clean.  If you have to ask your self whether or not it's clean.........don't post it.  This includes images too, no blood, guts, nudity, etc.  Only respectful "Hero Shots" of harvested game can be posted.  Pictures of bloody game, game hanging or game in the bed of pick-up truck are not respectable.

2.  No personal attacks.  If you think someone is an idiot, (chances are) everyone else does too.  No need to post it.

3.  Do not advertise our competition.  We work hard to gain the respect and support of our customers.  We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee.

4.  No religious discussions or politics unless it relates to guns, optics, and or shooting.

5.  PM stands for Private Message.  Do not publicly share PM's without the consent of the sender.

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.

7.  For Sale ads are to be placed in Member's Trading Post area only.  Read the For Sale Rules prior to selling.

8.  SWFA's OpticsTalk forum is a peaceful community of like minded shooting, hunting and outdoors enthusiasts.  Open minded, logical, rational debates are healthy and welcome.  Close minded, agenda pushing, strong handed debates (bordering on arguments) to prove one's position or point simply for the sake of winning or to gain some perceived power are not welcome.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 00:16

IRON SIGHTS...IRON SIGHTS...IRON SIGHTS...

No one
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 11:57
check into the nikko stirling they are superb for the price..,
No one
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 13:10
I have the Weaver 4X on my 10/22,, really like it - reminds me of my limited range.  And with the suppressor, I look like king of the mall ninjas - so I got that going for me, which is nice.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
matc View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 19:10
I have a 1X scope on my 10-22 that has a red dot that can be set at diffrent levels. It is from BSA and works good for shooting steel and is very fun . I got it for the  kids and it works very good for that also.
good luck
matt
DrewsShootingSports View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrewsShootingSports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 10:16
I shoot 50M BR with a Barska 6.5-20 x 44 target dot reticle (on a Savage MKII BV), and I think you can still get it for $75 (competitor?)... Since I only use it on 6.5 power (club rules for weight class) you could "step down" to a lesser model with good results.  Not sure on Barska's consistency from scope to scope, but mine is beyond acceptable with regards to clarity and features.  Also, with other scopes (simmons, etc.) I've had trouble constantly adjusting the scope, etc.  and the Barska, even with less than ideal handling and traveling conditions (like in a guitar gig bag on my back on my motorcycle to matches) I rarely need even a click of adjustment.  Also, nice is 1/8 MOA click, if you ever dump a ton of scrill into making your 10/22 more accurate. 

Again, no guarantees on every scope from Barska being as good as my experience has been.

Drew
StatTheCat View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StatTheCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 17:10
I’m probably going to catch flack for this…..

I just ordered a TRUGLO 6-24x44 illuminated (fine cross hair) 65 + shipping
competitor- 
Source code 

They have other types also for less

Edited by Kickboxer - November/05/2009 at 17:12
Preston View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 17:37
Bushnell or simmons 3-9x40
"I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace."
Thomas Payne, Revolutionist
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2009 at 17:12
Originally posted by StatTheCat StatTheCat wrote:

I’m probably going to catch flack for this…..

I just ordered a TRUGLO 6-24x44 illuminated (fine cross hair) 65 + shipping
competitor-  
Source code  

They have other types also for less
Stat, please read and FOLLOW the rules,

1.  Keep it clean.  If you have to ask your self whether or not it's clean.........don't post it.  This includes images too, no blood, guts, nudity, etc.  Only respectful "Hero Shots" of harvested game can be posted.  Pictures of bloody game, game hanging or game in the bed of pick-up truck are not respectable.

2.  No personal attacks.  If you think someone is an idiot, (chances are) everyone else does too.  No need to post it.

3.  Do not advertise our competition.  We work hard to gain the respect and support of our customers.  We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee.

4.  No religious discussions or politics unless it relates to guns, optics, and or shooting.

5.  PM stands for Private Message.  Do not publicly share PM's without the consent of the sender.

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail atswfa@swfa.com.

7.  For Sale ads are to be placed in Member's Trading Post area only.  Read the For Sale Rules prior to selling.

8.  SWFA's OpticsTalk forum is a peaceful community of like minded shooting, hunting and outdoors enthusiasts.  Open minded, logical, rational debates are healthy and welcome.  Close minded, agenda pushing, strong handed debates (bordering on arguments) to prove one's position or point simply for the sake of winning or to gain some perceived power are not welcome.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2009 at 17:52

what did you end up with?

No one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic