OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

It's starting to happen!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's starting to happen!
    Posted: September/22/2009 at 06:58

Had a spike and 8 point sparring in the backyard this morning. 
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2009 at 08:27
What?......no pictures.......
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2009 at 08:29

In your back yard, thats awesome. And mighty nice of that 8pt. to be messin with the spike.

I saw a 4pt. and cowhorn sparing last week and the cowhorn appeared to dominate the match. That same day I heard some more sparing in the woods and a minute later two shooter 8pts. came out to enjoy a soybean meal. 70yds. was close as they got, so I just enjoyed the scene. Put some corn out the other day hoping to get one of em today.

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2009 at 09:44
It's starting to feel like fall here this morning.  I've been seeing a group of four bucks, 3 8pts and a 7pt, almost every day.  They are still hanging out together in the South.  That will end in 2 or 3 weeks.
No man on his deathbed ever said "I wish I'd made more money".
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2009 at 10:26
Our temps when from the low 80's to the mid 60's.  Going to be cool all week.  Oh-baby!!!
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2009 at 10:40
Snoopy
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2009 at 09:11
oh man... this weather is getting me all fired up!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic