OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver customer service experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Nyhus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver customer service experience
    Posted: September/20/2009 at 06:35
      No secret that Weaver c.s. slid backwards while they were owned by Meade. Since their purchase by ATK, there's been a lot of speculation on what's up on the c.s. side of things. Here's my recent experience:

I purchased a NIB Weaver T-series scope from the original purchaser. This was a backup scope and I wanted to make sure it functioned correctly before I had to rely on it. When I mounted it and took the rig to the range to verify it's function, it had issues with the windage not adjusting correctly....the reticle would jump and then not move at all.

I looked on Wever's website and used their email contact instructions for service. I mentioned that I was not the original purchaser and that I didn't have the original purchase reciept. Neither was an issue. The next day, I recieved an email response back along with a RGA number to attach to my scope when I returned it. I returned it along with the requested $15 for handling and return shipping. Two weeks later I had a new scope on my doorstep.

No muss, no fuss, good communication from Weaver and everything went smoothly. Smile

Edited by Al Nyhus - September/20/2009 at 06:37
"Marsupials scare me".
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2009 at 07:37

Excellent        Thunbs Up Thunbs Up WEAVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2009 at 18:41
Good to see positive news these days.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2009 at 18:44
Good deal!!
These reports are so helpful, Al. Much appreciated.
Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2009 at 19:19
Big Grin Awsome !!!! Go Weaver !!!  I loved when they came out with their Grand Slam scopes several years back.....just a soft spot for the ol Weaver name..plus the optics impressed me a great deal.  Now with fantastic customer service ....no doubt I will keep buying and recommending their scopes
If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2009 at 19:46
I will be interested to see some intel come out on their new tactical scopes that were supposed to already be out.  Slow Poke  Hopefully before too long.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2009 at 09:24
Weaver ATK has been very good with email response with a few older Weaver scopes I own.If they have the scope in stock no problem they replace it with a new one.Some of the discontinued scopes are the ones that give the company a bad rep,because they don't have the parts.  
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2009 at 11:42
Good C.S. is good to know. Makes a person more likely to be brand loyal. Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2009 at 14:35
Good news.  Good CS can be priceless.  Dealing with the IRS, it will be hard to find, but that is a different story.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
gferrett View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gferrett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2009 at 20:59
Hi Al Nyhus;
I like to hear about good cs from ATK/Weaver. Weaver gave service in the old days.

ferrett

If you know how many guns you have you need to buy more

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2009 at 18:24
Thanks for the update Al.  I was hoping that ATK purchase would be a good thing for Weaver and it looks like it is.

ILya
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2009 at 23:45
Hmmm! Weaver: good Customer Service support on scopes made before ATK.  Leupold: no support on Redfield scopes, won't even fix them if paid to do it!!!!  Thank you, ATK.  Boo, Leupold, your customer's will not forget this slight.  Especially those of us who own both scope brands (Leupold and Redfield).
CDR3
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2009 at 07:17
I wish Leupold honored the Redfield line.I own a few Redfields I would like serviced.
Roadwild17 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadwild17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2009 at 07:27
Good to know you can get good CS on less than a $2k scope
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic