OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Redfield Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2009 at 20:20
Speaking of banks destroying shareholder value!  If you want to see a shareholder rebellion that succeeded and then died, look at B of A/Merril Lynch.  We, the stockholders, rebelled and voted to kick the CEO out and fire the board.  However, Kenneth Lewis is (still) CEO and nothing changed!  I am one unhappy (minority) shareholder with the taxpayer owned B of A and Kenny Big Bucks! 
CDR3
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2009 at 07:43
If I have to worry about the scope going back to be fixed....then I don't want that scope. 
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Al Nyhus View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Nyhus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2009 at 08:37
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

If I have to worry about the scope going back to be fixed....then I don't want that scope. 

That doesn't leave many options. Wink   -Al
"Marsupials scare me".
Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2009 at 23:59
Personally, I think they should change the rules a bit.  After all big business is still a customer and they still have a choice when they buy a defunct company or smaller company ect... but perhaps if laws protected the consumer so when there is a life time warranty they buy that as well.  They have a choice don't want to honor it (fix it, exchange it whatever) then don't buy the name.

I stopped being a Leupold fan long ago when I started actually 'shopping' for a scope instead of being so brand loyal.  Many of the companies out there today have passed up the "America's Optics Authority" by producing products that are better at a lower price. just a quick check for a standard 3-9 (or there about) rifle scope and you can see what I mean.
Leupold VXII 3-9 is listed here at $399  ( Iwouldnt even consider a VXI)
Bushnell 4200 Elite 3-9  $299
Nikon Monarch 2.5-10 $379
Weaver GS 3.5-10 $269.95
All these scope IMHO beat out the VXII. Heck they are more in line with the VXIII line so why pay more for less performance? A name ? OK, well spend $40 more dollars and you can have a Zeiss 3-9 Conquest ......$40.00 more to a VXII??? Loco
If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2009 at 01:03
Consider this, Cerebus owns Chrysler and is selling a major interest to Fiat.  How many people do you know that are going to buy a Chrysler automobile unless the new company honors the warantees on the 3-4 million chrysler products that are on the road, many of which are still under some warrantee.  The same with GM.  GM went backrupt and stiffed most of their shareholder (I was one of them) out of 100% of their money!  Do you think for one second that the new GM does not have enough "Goodwill" monies put in a Reserve account to protect the warrantees of all the cars out there that have been sold in the past five years?  Do you think anyone would actually buy a Chevy if they didn't honor warrantees?

This is how companies protect their customers from ditching them like the plague.  They provide goodwill as part of the deal in order to cover warrantee service on product made by the former owner.  Public companies do this as a matter of course to stay in business and keep former customers.. 

Privately owned, closely held (read family) companies are cheap and want to squeese every dollar out of every deal.  So private companies refuse to provide goodwill monies to new owners for warrantee coverage and their customers get shafted.  This is true except for ATK in the case of Weaver who agreed to honor warrantees from Meade and even Blount ownership to whom they owe nothing.  That may prove to be a smart move for building customer loyalty.
CDR3
Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2009 at 05:55
I agree ATK should be commended for they way they are doing business under the Weaver brand.  I for one have always loved the Grand Slam series and because of what I read here about their customer service I will continue to be a Weaver customer.
If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

crispycritter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispycritter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2009 at 13:59
Originally posted by Acenturian Acenturian wrote:

Personally, I think they should change the rules a bit.  After all big business is still a customer and they still have a choice when they buy a defunct company or smaller company ect... but perhaps if laws protected the consumer so when there is a life time warranty they buy that as well.  They have a choice don't want to honor it (fix it, exchange it whatever) then don't buy the name.

I stopped being a Leupold fan long ago when I started actually 'shopping' for a scope instead of being so brand loyal.  Many of the companies out there today have passed up the "America's Optics Authority" by producing products that are better at a lower price. just a quick check for a standard 3-9 (or there about) rifle scope and you can see what I mean.
Leupold VXII 3-9 is listed here at $399  ( Iwouldnt even consider a VXI)
Bushnell 4200 Elite 3-9  $299
Nikon Monarch 2.5-10 $379
Weaver GS 3.5-10 $269.95
All these scope IMHO beat out the VXII. Heck they are more in line with the VXIII line so why pay more for less performance? A name ? OK, well spend $40 more dollars and you can have a Zeiss 3-9 Conquest ......$40.00 more to a VXII??? Loco

$399 for a VX-II 3-9 ?  The 40 mm with dup runs $329.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2009 at 14:07
Originally posted by Al Nyhus Al Nyhus wrote:

Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

That doesn't leave many options. Wink   -Al

I probably should have included this picture with my remark!!!    Roll on Floor Laughing

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic