OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Harvest Report

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 07:29
Excellent hunt with your son cbm!

Sounds like you may have created another gun collecting monster!

(good for you)
God save the Empire!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 07:48
Lookout... SOunds like another magnum owner in the making!  Or he can make Kickboxer proud and go 458 LOTT.   ExcellentBucky
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 08:57
Nice cbm! Agree with taking the close one.  Time spent with your son is good time spent.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 15:49
I shot my second coyote of this year today.  Right out my front window.  I believe he was stalking my cat.. bad move...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 15:53
Get him with the 220 or the Lott?
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 15:57
.220...  It was not even a challenge.  I was going downstairs, saw movement out the window I thought at first was a deer, looked for a minute and saw it was a coyote and ran down, opened the safe, opened the window, BANG... he was about 30 yards away.  

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 16:06
shoulda used the LOTT!  Didn't realize yotes had become a problem in Bama. 

I just noticed... you beat me to 5000 by this__ much sir Jedi!  Congratulations.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 16:09
30yds?? why didnt you use a bow and arrow?
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 16:12
Shoot He should have tried out his new Jedi Mind powers!
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 17:39
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

shoulda used the LOTT!  Didn't realize yotes had become a problem in Bama. 

I just noticed... you beat me to 5000 by this__ much sir Jedi!  Congratulations.

Thank you, Bud.  I really did not notice til I read your post...  However, you joined a year later than I did, so you are much more "productive"...

cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2010 at 09:43
Here's my son's 4pt from a couple of weeks ago.......finally got the pictures !

And I made my last trip down to AL last week. Did a little duck hunting and had no luck but did score on one last buck. I shot him with a HR Ultra Slug Deluxe 20g and a Rem. Accutip slug. Put a Zeiss Conquest 2.5-8x32 on it. I know Chris doesn't like graphic pictures so I will not post them but the entry wound was bigger than a baseball (never seen anything like it). I was hunting a swamp and he came in within bow range making for an easy shot ! Anyway.....it was a great season. I killed 3 nice bucks and 2 hogs.........guess I'll start getting ready for turkey's next !!

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2010 at 09:47
well done CBM and nice pics.
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2010 at 10:49
Good deal CBM, sounds like your son did a fine job as well
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2010 at 11:14
Pictures look great,  Congrats again
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2010 at 20:29
Fantastic pictures CBM.  Give your son my congratulations...

cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2010 at 09:38
I appreciate it guys ! I tried to get some good pictures when I could.....just doesn't always work out ! The little man had a great time this season, the last 4pt and doe really got him hooked. He's been watching more hunting shows and really interested in bigger bucks now ! The time we spent in the stand this year was awesome and I couldn't be more proud of his shooting and how patient he is when taking a shot !!

Thanks again-Brent
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2010 at 14:10
Sunday, the last day of deer hunting season in Alabama fir 2009-2010 came and went.  I never did get the hunting lust kicked in this year.  I went out late in the morning, a fabulously beautiful day after all the recent storms, sat and watched bluejays, cardinals, doves, squirrels and other assorted birds for a few hours and then RIGHT BEFORE the time for the deer to start coming in, I packed up and went to the house.  The longer I sat there, the more I did NOT want to take a deer this year. 
I didn't really mind the two coyotes I shot this year, they were in my yard, never have hunted the invading skunks...

The desire just was not there...

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2010 at 15:25
I haven't had a chance to do much hunting since I started staying here and when i do go home on the weekends and get a chance to go out and sit in a stand, I just sit and relax and watch the animals, I have passed on everything from a 6 point on down with no desire, IF something bigger would have come out I may have shot, can't say it didnt' happen, but coming from being in the city and living less than 1000yds from I-40, sitting in a stand watching nature miles from anywhere is enough for me too. 
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2010 at 16:20
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Sunday, the last day of deer hunting season in Alabama fir 2009-2010 came and went.  I never did get the hunting lust kicked in this year.  I went out late in the morning, a fabulously beautiful day after all the recent storms, sat and watched bluejays, cardinals, doves, squirrels and other assorted birds for a few hours and then RIGHT BEFORE the time for the deer to start coming in, I packed up and went to the house.  The longer I sat there, the more I did NOT want to take a deer this year. 
I didn't really mind the two coyotes I shot this year, they were in my yard, never have hunted the invading skunks...

The desire just was not there...
Your not mellowing in old age on us, are ya Dan?
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2010 at 17:19
I just need a more exciting creature to hunt...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic