OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

PROTECT THE SECOND AMMENDMENT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PROTECT THE SECOND AMMENDMENT
    Posted: September/18/2009 at 10:01

Join the NRA

Guys we face a lot of people who do not understand how critical protecting the right to hold and bear arms  is.  We need to be on top of this.  It benefits all of us to work together to protect our FREEDOM. Please post your PRO  2nd AMMENDMENT info in this thread the moderators are in agreement that this is the correct location for this information.  Please understand that this is a very passonate topic and please be respectful and understand that the guys reading this are most likely very PRO 2nd Ammendment.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2009 at 11:52
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2009 at 05:49
The WARSAW Ghetto uprising  1943

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2010 at 08:19

Switzerland is the safest country in the world to live in. It is not because it is a neutral country or anything of that sort.

I believe it is due to the fact that each male citizen is required to keep a firearm in his home.

When every male citizen of Switzerland turns 20 years old, he is issued a fully automatic assault rifle.

Every male citizen is on call to defend his homeland if his country calls on him.

The Swiss people and firearms go together like peanut butter and jelly. Olympic-style target shooting is Switzerland's national sport and it is not uncommon at all to see a regular citizen on a train, bus, or just walking down the street with a rifle slung over his shoulder.

The policy in Switzerland requiring a firearm in every home is one of the main reasons the Nazis didn't invade Switzerland in World War II.

Had the Nazis invaded, there would have been far more German blood running through the streets than Swiss blood.

Switzerland is the toughest place in the world to be a criminal because if you plan on breaking into someone's house, you are guaranteed that the owner of the home has a firearm and is trained to use it.

If you think that Americans are obsessed with preserving the Second Amendment, you haven't seen anything until you've been to Switzerland.

The SecondAmendment in the U.S. Constitution was inspired by Switzerland's policies. If the Swiss did not have the same policies in the 17th century, it is quite possible that the Second Amendment would not exist in the United States today.

Most kids in the United States play Little League baseball or youth football.

Most kids in Switzerland participate in local shooting competitions and join shooting clubs when they are 10.

America's national pastime is baseball; Switzerland's pastime is precision target shooting.

In Switzerland, there is less than one homicide for every 100,000 citizens each year, and in 99 percent of the cases, a firearm is never involved.

There are a mere 26 robbery attempts each year for every 100,000 citizens.

The majority of these robberies are committed by foreigners and do not involve firearms.

Violent crimes are virtually nonexistent, yet every home has a firearm in it. Surprised?

It is written in Swiss law "The high number of firearms per capita does not lead to a high rate of violent crime." This is etched in stone in Switzerland.

Switzerland is one of the most peaceful countries in the world. The rest of the world needs to take a hint.

Rich Wehr is a resident of Jasper, Ind.

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2010 at 09:39
i dont know why nobody else picks up on this either.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2010 at 09:50
Very interesting statistics.  Who is Richard Werh?
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2010 at 10:34
Very interersting indeed.  I wish our government gave out full auto, hell you got to pay them 200 bucks on top of the actual cost just to have one if you can even get one! 

Edited by SVT_Tactical - January/05/2010 at 10:35
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2010 at 22:39
Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

Very interesting statistics.  Who is Richard Werh?
He wrote the article on the www.wnd.com website...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 05:08
Far to many Americans have the idea that it can't happen here.     I'm sure that there were more than a few Jews in Germany in 1933 that thought the same thing.
I believe in the saying "those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it."

Never Forget!

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 20:24
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Blackbird97 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackbird97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2010 at 10:18
 I have been, and will always be a proud member of the NRA. Second amendment rights are crucial to our society!!!
AstroVic View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AstroVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2010 at 16:29
I was an NRA member for several years, but when their Executive Vice President, Wayne LaPierre, repeatedly referred to law enforcement officers as "jack booted thugs" in the 1990's I immediately cancelled my membership and will never send them another dime of my hard-earned money.

So long as Wayne LaPierre is pulling the strings, the NRA can get BENT as far as I'm concerned.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2010 at 16:31
imo if the nra would use money for something other than mailing bull sh*t all the time they would be better off, i usually get something or another from them every week. save the postage to fight for something worth while.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
AstroVic View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AstroVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2010 at 17:42
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

imo if the nra would use money for something other than mailing bull sh*t all the time they would be better off, i usually get something or another from them every week. save the postage to fight for something worth while.

Agreed.

Back when I cancelled my membership in the mid 1990's, I had to call them repeatedly for months afterward to convince them that it was a total waste of their time and money to continue sending me things in the mail.

The sad thing is, I know a TON of police officers who all cancelled their memberships during that period of time.  I mean, we never got paid very much money as cops, so why in the heck would we want to continue sending money to an organization that obviously hated us and held us in such contempt?  And, the worst part of it all was that the vast majority of cops support 95% of the NRA's agenda, so it's a real shame that Wayne LaPierre stooped so low as to lob repeated insults at a sizeable chunk of his organization's very own members.

Oh well.  F' him.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2010 at 17:50
Originally posted by AstroVic AstroVic wrote:

I was an NRA member for several years, but when their Executive Vice President, Wayne LaPierre, repeatedly referred to law enforcement officers as "jack booted thugs" in the 1990's I immediately cancelled my membership and will never send them another dime of my hard-earned money.

So long as Wayne LaPierre is pulling the strings, the NRA can get BENT as far as I'm concerned.

I think it's better to be a member and work to remove those you don't like.
just my $.02
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
AstroVic View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AstroVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2010 at 13:57
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

I think it's better to be a member and work to remove those you don't like.
just my $.02

Well, since he's been there for nearly 20 years, I'm not holding my breath!  But your point is well taken nonetheless.  I just hope they'll eventually get someone else to run the show at that place...and then maybe I'll start sending them money again. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic