OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bshnell or others 200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H&R222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bshnell or others 200
    Posted: September/17/2009 at 17:42
Ok well i got my answer on the barksa v bushnell thing. Now id like to see if yo gys have any other suggestions beside the bshnell trophy for under 200 dollars. Id be using it for a 222. Any suggestion will be helpful Thank you
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 17:50
Welcome to Optics Talk.

What type of shooting are you planning? 
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 17:52
For under $200 take a look at the Bushnell Legend.  It is a step up from the trophy and is actually a very nice scope.  If I were on a tight budget that would totally be the scope I would buy, I really like the one I have.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
H&R222 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H&R222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 18:37
Well at the moment ill use it for a little target and a bit of varmint come winter and spring. I would like to get in some more target shooting though. Thats why i wanted the little bigger scope. The 3-9 just wasnt cutting it. I like to look at my target at 400 yards. Though at the farm i hunt on 400 yards would probably be the max, maybe 5.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 21:09
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

danjojoUSMC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 21:30
If that page has correct FOV specs then it has more field of view at 4x than most scopes do at 3x, that would be very nice...maybe they are off though since exit pupil numbers are off
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 21:33
According to the bushnell site the FOV is 30.9 and 10.1.  Exit pupil is 10.1 and 3.4

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 21:36
Still has really good field of view on Bushnell website....30.9ft on 4x and 10.1ft. on 12x

Some scopes have their 4x listed around 23ft.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 21:37
Dang you got to it first Embarrased

What is your experience with their eye relief, constant or gets closer to 3 inches when you turn it up?
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 21:44
I had my 3-9x on a 45-70 for a while and I only shoot hot loads in mine.  But I never got hit with it, and I turned it up and down all the time.  I honestly never noticed that much difference.  That is not saying there isn't some, just not enough to move it close enough to hit me.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 22:02
The Swift Premier is much better quality-wise and optics-wise than a Bushnell Trophy, in my experience.  The Swift warranty is very hard to beat.  Much better quality than price paid.  Everyone's eyes are different, but the Swift Premier starts out with a significant advantage over the Trophy...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2009 at 11:09
The thing I wonder about the Swift scopes is the glass used, isn't BaK4 superior to BaK7 or is that just with binoculars?
trappinjohn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trappinjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2009 at 15:17
I haven't had as good of luck with Swift as some of you guys.  I had both a rifle and pistol scope and both seemed very clear in the center, but a little blurry around the edges.

What about Vortex?  Probably the best warranty you can get and I've heard a lot of good reviews.........
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic