OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

How much money can we print?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much money can we print?
    Posted: September/16/2009 at 16:02
Has anyone seen this today?  Shocked

Iam just wondering how much money a government can print before its money aint worth anything....  We have to be getting close...

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2009 at 19:37
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2009 at 19:40
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 08:23
If it were sooo sad it be funny.... Loco

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 17:37
This was planned many years ago read the steps involved here. http://www.rense.com/general85/give.htm
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 17:48

3-10's

But I don't get what our government will get out of giving away our country...
what is the goal of these sorry people?

I hate politics but I see everything coming like an out of control freight train and not much I can do about it....

I just don't understand the reasoning behind the American Government.... Shocked

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 17:53
I think what it comes down to is a majority of the so called American government are just puppets to some rich corporation(s) who wants world control.

Edited by supertool73 - September/17/2009 at 17:54
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 23:30
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

I think what it comes down to is a majority of the so called American government are just puppets to some rich corporation(s) who wants world control.
They see themselves as indispensable.... They see themselves as elite..... Nothing they do will really affect them. Look at how they have protected themselves, insulated themselves at the cost of the country, freedom, and we foot the bill for them to accomplish all of this. If they get what they are after, they and the banking super powers, will be the ones in control of all monetary and precious metal asset. We will be pawns for them, which is how they see us anyways.... Want proof, just look at the fact that we don't want them in control of our health care, yet they continue to do everything to ram it down our throats.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 23:38
Its about a one world gov. Once the US is forced to admit bankruptcy its currency will fail and all foreign interrest will seize thier assets. Your livelyhood will suddenly shift to whatever foreign interest owns where you work. There will be a  decision on what new currency these market holders preferr to operate under and you will receive a market percentage of your dollar holdings. Check the current currency values. I think last time I looked the euro was holding at 1.50 USD. The kwait dinar was at 3.00 USD. When the dollar fails the gap will quadruple at least. That is why you are seeing a run on gold purchases. All these TV ads saying sell us your unwanted gold. The precious metals will hold their value and it is a good place to put dollars right now. I once thought land would be another good investment, but when this stuff breaks there probably won't be any protection from foreign aquisitions. Sure there will be some blood shed, but probably not as much as you might expect.

Edited by Sgt. D - September/17/2009 at 23:39
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2009 at 09:01
But the politicians in Washington have a never ending, bottomless well of money....so much so that they can't waste it all fast enough.......there's just an endless supply.............thanks to .......uh............Us American people who work for a living!! 

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2009 at 13:10
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2009 at 15:13
the actual amt. of money printed is almost insignificant to the amt. of money in the system, actual currency has little value unless some type of savings mechanism is in place as a storage of wealth, now gold is popular a couple of years ago housing. Transaction velocity is a more important and stronger force, in economics. On a country basis which one has the highest velocity is usually the strongest, hence the need for foreign interest to market goods in the US. Problem is the door doesn't swing both ways, a trade sanctions hurt US products abroad. US uses foreign policy to allow access to US markets to control other countries political interests rather than military force. (most of time). Health care is another issue. Its like giving everybody a bus ticket with only two buses running. US while taking great lengths to prevent invasion by foreign interests, military or economic, has place little emphasis on people care per se, preferring to let the market mechanism solve the problem. Crux of the arguement-- current administration says mechanism has failed, others say no it hasn't failed, that simple. Fixes cost money  who pays???
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2009 at 16:53
Whacko... Wow!

Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2009 at 12:33
The amount of money in circulation in 2008 was $869 Billion.  I understand that the amont of money now in circulation is well over 1 Trillion dollars.....

....which makes my piece of the same pie......littler.   

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2009 at 14:04

your analogy isn't valid-- its like saying computer chips cost more because their smaller, (maintaining the same or better computational efficiency is the cost not the size) neither you or I own part of the pie its the property of the US government, we are only granted certain rights.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2009 at 14:19
I've said it before.  Read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2009 at 15:32
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

your analogy isn't valid-- its like saying computer chips cost more because their smaller, (maintaining the same or better computational efficiency is the cost not the size) neither you or I own part of the pie its the property of the US government, we are only granted certain rights.

OK.......I will bite.................give me the real story, Dale.  
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2009 at 15:33
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I've said it before.  Read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand...

I read it forty years ago.  I only remember that it was More Boring than THE FOUNTAINHEAD. 
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2009 at 15:42
I know that we are not on the Gold Standard or the Silver Standard anymore.  I do not KNOW WHAT is backing up our money.  But if you have SOMETHING ( Kryptonite??)  ...or Whatever.....that is the basis for our currency....and you do not increase it.....and you PRINT MORE MONEY at your pleasure......the Value of the Dollar SHRINKS....

...........that's what I thought.....but I am no economist.  Any clarification would be welcome.  I am a dumbass......I don't mean to offend anyone...especially Dale.   
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2009 at 21:53
whats backing up the money is that you work shorter time for a Big Mac in the US than anyother country. Evolved economies cannot perform business transactions fast enough when currency is the sole constituent of the money supply. The entire money supply is easily 100 times currency. This represents combined wealth of stocks, real estate, and other real capital assets. Nor can a system of leverage occur where in the creation of money by lending out more than is retained to back it. This is the area most people either fear or complain about. Shrinkages in the raw money supply to back the dollar stalls the economy making it very difficult to get loans for expansion, or just operating revenue. The most important thing is job creation and in a sense the only thing that does matter (so they can get those big macs). Freeing up capital by its "creation" helps this problem. (not to be confused with giving it away to insurance companys and "preferred interests"). Whats going on now is the mixing of conventions. People are confusing economic systems with social systems and trying to draw causual relations when there are none. One can be a very conservative liberal, how -- liberal on social issues but very conservative on monetary issues. The news media isn't helping because in a strange sort of way there is so much information out there and so many sources people will subconsiously plug into a source that agrees and supports their views rather than an analysis of the problem. Its important to remember than this administration did not create the problem, the real question is does their offered solutions work. (I am no Obama fan-- but for different reasons).Even if I had the real story-- in my older age I would never give it away. (capitalism don't you love it).    

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic