OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

HAPPY CUSTOMER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAPPY CUSTOMER
    Posted: September/14/2009 at 13:10
 Well I finaly got out and sighted in my 308 with the ss20x and all I can say is WOW.
 I was able to see with no blurr and it tracked precisely after 3 groups of 3 I had it zeroed for 100yds. and it held zeroe for the next 25 shots.
 Now I need to think about which one to get for my 7mm that is on order. Anyone know if swfa is planning a variable that is going to compete with the 5-20"s or the 6-24's , because if they are I would be first on the list to buy one.
 For the price I think these are the best scopes out there.
 How about it Mr. Farris a scope that can compare to the higher variables on the market with the SWFA quality and prices that go along with them?
froggy
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2009 at 13:14
Sheesh, they just came out with two brand new models and their own line of rings and an AR mount.  Let them catch their breath.  Wink
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2009 at 13:16
They are impressive scopes, Huh?   Bandito

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2009 at 13:25
 Supertool I am my new rifle won't be in for a month.Smile

Trays I couldn't believe it, a product that delivers what is advertized. I'll buy a few more for replacements and trade the old ones in. That way I have an excuse to go shooting " I have to go sight in my rifle, BYE."

froggy
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2009 at 13:31
A product that delivers on it promise, refreshing.  Glad you like the new scope.
Remember, No Pics!
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2009 at 13:38
 Next time I go I'll save the targets and take the pictures then try and figure out how to post them, for now you'll have to take my word they were better than I expected especaily out of a rifle with less than 100 rounds through it.
froggy
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2009 at 17:55

Tasco made Super Snipers and are good scopes.The newer Super Snipers from what I learned at the club were made in China and lacked the quality of the original Tasco SS. 

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2009 at 18:09
Originally posted by Randall45 Randall45 wrote:

Tasco made Super Snipers and are good scopes.The newer Super Snipers from what I learned at the club were made in China and lacked the quality of the original Tasco SS. 

Huh?  I am not sure which club it is you are referring to and whether they have ever seen a Super Sniper, but modern day Super Sniper scopes are all made in Japan.

There have been some cheap knockoffs floating around occasionally, so perhaps someone is confused.

If you buy a Super Sniper from SWFA, it is made in Japan.

ILya
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2009 at 18:27
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Huh?  I am not sure which club it is you are referring to and whether they have ever seen a Super Sniper, but modern day Super Sniper scopes are all made in Japan.

There have been some cheap knockoffs floating around occasionally, so perhaps someone is confused.

If you buy a Super Sniper from SWFA, it is made in Japan.

ILya

Bandito  And the QUALITY is QUALITY +
Awesome scopes...

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 16:27

Huh??   
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 16:40

Obviously you have never owned a New Super Sniper, LOL!!!   I've out shot guys with IORs, M-4 loupies and just as good with a 10X SS as a 6500 bushy that's twice the cost. Chicom crap indeed. LOL!!!  If you've got one I'll take it off your hands. PM me.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2009 at 16:43

I don't know what you are trying to sayLoco.
 This is my first SS and I can guarantee it won't be my last, I just haven't decided what ones I want. My 20x is crystal clear and I can see out to 200yards with no problems something I haven't been able to do in a long time through a scope.
 Tasco may have made them at one time but my understanding is that SWFA is the sole owner of the rights to these scopes now and tasco is out of the loop.
 Before you make a statement like this I would suggest you get some facts right, and at least look through one.
froggy
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2009 at 00:23

Shocked Did you eat that Easter Egg that you just found from the last hunt?
Obviously you speak of that which you do not have any experience. You haven't even read any of the reviews that are easily found even outside of this forum. What gives here?
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
danjojoUSMC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2009 at 00:52
Its funny because there are China-made scopes today that are probably better than the original Tasco Super Sniper scopes anyway...

I know I'm going to be very happy when I purchase my first SS scope, especially if Mr. Farris does fix up some some batches with new reticles.

I kind of like the looks and unique factor of the rear focus base model, curious why some would prefer the side-focus enough to pay more for it.  What say you gentlemen?
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2009 at 00:55
I prefer the side focus for the fact that I use variables a lot... I would hate to make the twist out of pure habit.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic