OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

XOTIC usage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPGolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XOTIC usage
    Posted: July/09/2005 at 12:32
XOTIC owners,
  Can anyone whom has owned a XOTIC scope for some time comment on the durability/fit/finish/knob loosness etc? 
  Getting tired of waiting for the Burris XTR, might just spend the extra $$ and go with the XOTIC.

v/r
Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2005 at 10:01

I just won (another) the monthly F class 60 round match yesterday using the XOTIC scope.

I'm big on winning these things, espessially with the stiff competition at our club, and I choose my equipment with an eye towards

the best competitive edge I can leagally gain.

The XOTIC would not be on my rifles, much less in my possession if I could not rely on it to perform 100 percent of the time.

I could have any scope I wanted put on my F class rifle, but the XOTIC is what I chose and have not been the least disappointed

in its fit, finish, mechanical repeatability or optical quality.

Mike

Granbury, Texas

SPGolf View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPGolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2005 at 21:09
Mike,
  I have read other reviews stating the windage knob has some play in it.  Does your XOTIC have the same issue??
  Also, what mount and rings are you using?  Do you require the use of elevated cheek rest?

Thanx for the info.  And good shooting!

Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2005 at 21:32
I have heard of one instance where the windage knob had
some play in it, but don't know how much. I believe that
scope was returned and replaced to the owners satisfaction.
My scope has no play in the windage knob, I just
re-checked it prior to this reply.

All my rifles have adjustable stocks, and since I seem to
have really high cheekbones, I would say yes, in my case
I would need the adjustment.    I have shot this scope on
an FN police rifle that was non-adjustable and did not
have any difficulty doing so accurately.
SPGolf View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPGolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2005 at 11:56
Mike,
  Thanx again for the info.  Went with the XOTIC.  Will let you know how it works out soonest.

good shooting!
TRP_Operator View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRP_Operator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2005 at 23:33
I have had my XOTIC Scope since April. I have had no problem with the windage or elevation knobs. I shoot a Remington 700 .308 PSS. I have shot about 500 rounds through it with no probs.  I have TPS one piece base and Badger 6 lug medium rings. I would recomend this scope to any one wanting a tactical scope for there rifle. it is very clear and I have shot it in very very low lighting and it still works well. It is a little heavy but not as bad as I thouhgt it would be with the 56mm Obj. ....Excellent BUY..for the money
SPGolf View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPGolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2005 at 08:50
TRP Op,
  Thanx for the feed back!  The first XOTIC I got did have the small amount of play in the elevation turret.  Returned it, the second scope is on its way.

Thanx again.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic