OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Patriot Fans?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patriot Fans?
    Posted: September/11/2009 at 12:35
Yippee   Hey! are there any Patriot fans out there?

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2009 at 14:23
Yes.  I have been know to frequent a game or two a year since childhood. 
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2009 at 14:30
Well Alright.... wish I could do that.... Born and raised in Texas, I get a lot of grief about being a Pats fan but oh well....  I coached Ellis Hobbs when he was in Jr High and High school... wish they had not traded him but Ill live with it...  You think Brady will be strong as before?

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2009 at 14:35
im a wes welker fan, i dont much care for the pats though. hard to deny them credit for being a pretty good team over the last decade though
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2009 at 14:39
Brady will do fine.  He wasn't known for his legs anyway.  I think they are gonna miss Seymore (sp?)....assuming he goes to Oakland.  Last I heard, he hasn't reported.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2009 at 16:12
Originally posted by swtucker swtucker wrote:

I think they are gonna miss Seymore (sp?)....assuming he goes to Oakland.  Last I heard, he hasn't reported.

Damn, do ya blame him?!?!? 

swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2009 at 16:52
Big Grin  yeah, I'm not sure I'd go either.  OTOH, Al Davis will pay and pay well.  And his head coach can give him a few hand-2-hand combat pointers....
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2009 at 17:35
here is what i think of when i see al

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2009 at 19:56
+1 Pyro,  I couldnt stand the guy when I was a kid. Nothings changed. 
My brother plays golf with welker once a year out in west Texas.  Some kind of charity thing. 
It's gonna be interesting without 6 starters this year but Iam looking forward to it....

swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2009 at 20:28

The Pats have the best coach in pro football.....every year he loses half of his staff to other teams, and when the dust settles.....he's as good as ever.   The man's gifted.

He also knows when to 'cut ties' with a player.  Nobody leaves NE and does good...and that's the key.  With the way the NFL is, you have to be able to determine who can play and who can't.  He sells his players off-----on their last good year. 

I'm a 'skins fan, but I'll give credit where credit is due.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 05:21
I agree... It was amazing how he took a kid who had not started a football game since high school and had the season they did last year.  11-5 and don't make the playoffs is rarely seen in the NFL these days...  I hope Matt has a great year in KC...

swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 05:43
Originally posted by Trays 7940 Trays 7940 wrote:

I agree... It was amazing how he took a kid who had not started a football game since high school and had the season they did last year.  11-5 and don't make the playoffs is rarely seen in the NFL these days...  I hope Matt has a great year in KC...

I think Matt will do ok, if he can survive.....I've seem a few good quaterbacks get ruined as a result of being clobbered every other snap.  KC has made some good moves, and in a year or two, they might be pretty good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 05:47
Originally posted by swtucker swtucker wrote:

The Pats have the best coach in pro football..... 

Pats have the best organization in pro football now. They've come a long way since they were the AFC champ in Super Bowl XX.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 07:32
I have to agree ct... I think they have class too. 
I will probably get an argument started with that but thats the way it goes....
The cowboys lost all of their class when Jerry took over.... Can't stand the guy....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 09:32

The cowboys lost all of their class when Jerry took over.... Can't stand the guy....

Jerry Jones needs to start coaching or shut his pie hole, sit in his luxury box and let the guy he hired to coach...coach!

Jerry is going to end up like Al Davis in Oakland, but better dressed. Wink
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 09:57
I'm not a Patriots fan but Brady served his apprenticeship @ Meeechigan. That's good enough for me.
I'm in an NFC town and I don't like to be a turn coat. But, I do go for the Pats when their in the big one.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 12:44
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Jerry Jones needs to start coaching or shut his pie hole, sit in his luxury box and let the guy he hired to coach...coach!

Jerry is going to end up like Al Davis in Oakland, but better dressed. Wink

Excellent

BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2009 at 09:48
Jerry Jones is a younger, plastic faced version of Al Davis. 

When I was a kid I would go to Pats games and root for the other team.  The Pats had some bad teams and bad coaching back then.  But I did run on the field in 86 when they beat the Bengals for the AFC wild card.  But my father got us out of there because knucklehead NE fans got crushed pulling down the goal posts and then later got electrocuted carry the goal posts down route 1.  Those were funny days.  I felt bad for the good-great players that had to deal with the circus.  Steve Grogan, Stanley Morgan, John Hannah, Andre Tippet.  They have been a class organization since Bob Kraft took over.  Bob and his family deserve a lot of the credit as well as the coach. 
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2009 at 13:47
Steve Grogan... There was a quarteback without a team... He was good.  I have his rookie card... 
Class, thats what is missing from a lot of teams and players out there today...
CLASS! BABY!
I never liked the Cowboys but when Schram and Landry where around they had class....

PATS play Buffalo tonight, BABY!  We shall see what happens.  How about Brady, first real game back and its Monday night football.... No pressure there.... Wink

swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2009 at 21:16

Stare  Do what.  The Bills.  Fumble. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic