OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Has this boot yet been invented??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2009 at 08:27
I have always just used 400 gram insulated for all my hunting needs.  I hunt and spend some time in some pretty cold winters here in Utah and that is all I have ever needed.  Granted I am pretty warm blooded so to speak and don't get cold very easy.  But even more often I just wear my uninsulated pair and am just fine a lot of the time.  If you can afford it get two pair, one insulated one not.   When they are the exact same book, it makes things very nice.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
shooter4 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2009 at 03:36

Of course price matters. BUT buying "cheap" 99$ boots will be more expensive in the end of the day because I´ll be wet, cold and miserable. Plus I will wear them out in 4-6 months. So maybe its time to spend 200 (maybe 300$) on something that will last and keep me dry thru all the hardcore.

Ive heard good things about Wolferine. Never checked out the Danner, will do now, but the fact you say its made in Chine is putting me off the idea somewhat. Alaskan Hunter from Cabelas look so cool, expensive, but maybe worth it.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2009 at 06:17
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

I recently bought my 3rd pair of Danners. They have been great but... I see they are now made in China. Bummer. IMO, the best boots I have bought and used (for years) are Schnees Pac boots from Bozeman (I think) Montana. I absolutely love mine. ExcellentExcellentExcellent

not all danner boots are made in china. i know both pairs of mine where made here.

Edited by pyro6999 - September/10/2009 at 06:33
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
robbie View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2009 at 14:32
I love the feel of my Danner Frontiers, but they have never been water proof as they are suppoesd to be. 
Preston View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2009 at 19:12
"I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace."
Thomas Payne, Revolutionist
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic