OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

rem 270 shortmag extreme conditions rifle:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newhome rev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rem 270 shortmag extreme conditions rifle:
    Posted: September/05/2009 at 15:24
 I have a remington xcr 270 short mag.  I need some feedback from anybody who has some experience with this rifle.. cartages, distance, and accuracy.... thanks!
newhome rev View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newhome rev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2009 at 19:58
Originally posted by newhome rev newhome rev wrote:

I have a remington xcr 270 short mag.  I need some feedback from anybody who has some experience with this rifle.. cartages, distance, and accuracy.... thanks!
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2009 at 20:31
Well, it's a Remington 700....so it should shoot really well.  One of our members 'Trigger29' has a .270 wsm (but not a remmy).  Perhaps he will offer some insight on loads, distance and so on.

I would bet money that you will be very pleased with your choice....
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2009 at 07:43
I had a tikka .270 wsm that I should have kept............wasn't the purdiest gun but it shot great and the trajectory is phenominal !

Mine sighted in with 140 grain Win. Accubonds would shoot 6" low at 300 yrds sighted in dead on at 100 ........which I realize is not what it should have done..........but it would do it all day long !! I shot about 6 deer with it at various ranges and all but one dropped on the shot...........and that one made  2 hops and went down !! Very impressive round !
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2009 at 08:40
Originally posted by swtucker swtucker wrote:

Well, it's a Remington 700....so it should shoot really well.  One of our members 'Trigger29' has a .270 wsm (but not a remmy).  Perhaps he will offer some insight on loads, distance and so on.

I would bet money that you will be very pleased with your choice....

Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2009 at 09:41

The 270 wsm I have is a Model 70. It was not the caliber but when Winchester closed its Conn. plant it was offered as a replacement for the rifle on my order. I am glad the gentleman at Winchester talked me into this cal.  They are about 325 FPS faster than a .270. With a ballistic curve thats like a 22-250. It shoots very flat and hits very hard. It has taken 2 Antelope with instantaneous results.

Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic