OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swfa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swfa
    Posted: September/04/2009 at 09:47
  I remember reading in one of the many articles or posts that SS scopes were at first made by Tasco and then SWFA bought the rights and was having them made elsewhere. Well I just read my Instruction manual and in big bold letters it says TASCO Sniper Scopes, Then I look at the warranty form and it says mail or go online to register with TASCO.
 So my question is it a Tasco or not?
 If it performs as everyone claims I guess it really doesn't matter but I would just like to know for my own piece of mind and to know if I misread something somewhere, or did I just happen to get brand new old stock?
 I don't expect Mr. Farris to take time out of his busy day to answer but if one of you with more knoweldge than I would take the time it would be appreciated.
     Thank you
froggy
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2009 at 10:08
They still send out the Tasco cards and instruction booklet because they had so many of them left over and did not want to have to go to the expense of making new ones.  In the end it keeps the costs of the scopes down. 

Bushnell services the SS scopes for SWFA.  If you have warranty issues contact SWFA and they will instruct what to do from there.  They definitely stand behind their products so have no fear in that regard.  Hope that helps.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2009 at 10:26
 Thanks I was confused. But another now comes up. What about reg. card?
froggy
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2009 at 10:39

You do not need a registration card.

One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic