OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS scope with Horus reticle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS scope with Horus reticle
    Posted: September/04/2009 at 00:34
Can this be done?  I think it would great to have one of the fixed 10x with H25 reticle or the variable SS with H50 or H425.

The fixed 10x with Horus reticle bumped up to $375 would entice a lot of people.
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2009 at 00:41
Was talking to a guy the other day, who had one put in his NF scope. 
If it can be done with NF, surely it can be done with SS.

I did not like all of the points in the reticle though, sorry. It just looked to confusing and I do know the principle behind the scope.  I almost got one and I did get their ATrag shooting program, now that I love.

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
danjojoUSMC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2009 at 01:10
Which ATrag version did you get?  I wonder if that will run on my Nokia smart phone.

I think the size of the grids in the Horus reticles with only half Mil slashes for the majority of the reticle would suite a lot of people who don't like the regular ones.  Fun to goof around with the demos I downloaded to the cell phone when the wife is taking forever in Wal-Mart.

I have not got to see one in person but I do think I will purchase the Hawk when SWFA starts to carry them, would like to see it in the SS scopes though.  Maybe Mr. Farris will take a strong liking to them and get the bug for it.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2009 at 04:53
Atrag 2X  Version 3.79
Works well but I don't know what it will run on.  I use it on my Palm Pilot.
I would like to get one of the heavy duty palms they sell but I don't want to spend 3 - 400.00 on one. ( I forget the actual prices).

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2009 at 09:54
Originally posted by danjojoUSMC danjojoUSMC wrote:

Which ATrag version did you get?  I wonder if that will run on my Nokia smart phone.

I think the size of the grids in the Horus reticles with only half Mil slashes for the majority of the reticle would suite a lot of people who don't like the regular ones.  Fun to goof around with the demos I downloaded to the cell phone when the wife is taking forever in Wal-Mart.

I have not got to see one in person but I do think I will purchase the Hawk when SWFA starts to carry them, would like to see it in the SS scopes though.  Maybe Mr. Farris will take a strong liking to them and get the bug for it.

You only have to talk to Dennis for a short time to catch the Horus bug.  I'd love to offer the SS with his reticles.  Right now we are just trying to get their existing products on our site and after we establish a good working relationship you can bet that I will be hitting them up for SS / Horus scopes.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2009 at 10:15
Yippee  a SS with Horus reticle (hoping the Variable) or Horus Hawk from you guys will be my first scope purchase in the past 10 years, as well as a low mag scope or red dot.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2009 at 08:08
And there you go, USMC... Hope for the future!  Wink

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2009 at 08:18
Ok, Since USMC is asking For a wish from Santa Chris...
I will....
I would like to see an SS in 4.5 x 14 x 50 variable with the IOR MP8 reticle in MilRads and Donut badges, or super sniper birds, which ever,  on the turrets...  Wink

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2009 at 20:47
Donut badges... 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2009 at 22:15
Hey if the SWFA gang does their own thing that is something like a mix between Horus reticle and MP8 it would be just as good to me and they wouldn't have pay any license fee right?  Sure some of the long time scope fiends could work together with them to help design an SS reticle...a little less going on than Horus for those who avoid them for that reason...and a little more than an MP8.

Either way, an SS reticle, Horus, or even something along the lines of MP8 I'd be very happy.  Looking through a Nikon scope with mil-dot reticle today at one of the few places in Diego with a decent selection of scopes confirmed for me that I wouldn't want one.  Too much space in there and why not have a better reticle.

I do think if some of the very experienced regulars here got together with Mr. Farris and put together a unique SS reticle for one or more SS scopes it would a must-buy and then some.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2009 at 08:01

There is a factory where you can create your own reticle.  I found it once on line but I can't remember where it was... You send them what you want and they will put it in your scope... That could be interesting...

RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2009 at 09:19
Originally posted by Trays 7940 Trays 7940 wrote:

There is a factory where you can create your own reticle.  I found it once on line but I can't remember where it was... You send them what you want and they will put it in your scope... That could be interesting...

US Optics will put a reticle of your design into one of their scopes, aftermarket or as they build the scope for you. For a price, of course.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2009 at 18:08
Bandito Gracias...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic