OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Resetting SS Turrets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddy3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resetting SS Turrets
    Posted: August/30/2009 at 21:54
Hello everybody,

I am new here and I was wondering if anybody can tell me how many horizontal marks should be showing on the vertical turret for a super sniper. I zeroed my SS at 100 yards and then loosened the three set screws to rotate the turret back to zero. What I was unsure of was how many horizontal hash marks should be showing???? Currently I have 5 showing. I have reviewed the manual and there is nothing regarding this!!!!! I love the scope but those guys sure could use a new manual.
daddy3d
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2009 at 06:34
I just looked at mine and I have 5 showing, too. Sounds like you are good to go.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2009 at 08:16
Yup... I also have 5 showing... 3 for 3 sounds good to me...
Welcome aboard.

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
daddy3d View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddy3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2009 at 19:06
Your responses are much appreciated. I am also curious how many of the same you have showing for a zeroed windage???? I have 6 showing there. Once again, thanks for the earlier response.
daddy3d
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2009 at 19:11
I have 5 showing there as well.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2009 at 21:12
Here is the deal - some guys run a flat base some run a canted base like plus 20 moa or plus 30 moa.  Which base you use will effect how many lines you have showing. When you are zeroed add a piece of masking tape below the dial to know how far down the line is that gives you you zero that way you can return to zero from having dialed in correction. Some guys use a couple of rubber o ring from the hardware store below the knob to show where the zero is - home made zero stop.   With windage that can vary depending on your style of mount and your rifle.   Where ever Zero is you probably wont get lost in the windage dial but you can in the elevation dial very easily.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
daddy3d View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddy3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2009 at 22:20
Thanks for all of the input guys. I bought my scope used from SWFA so I didn't start with factory zero. I like the idea of adding the washers. I was also thinking of just making a small mark with a sharpie. However if I have them all set to 5 then it will be easy to remember where zero is. Thanks all for the input.
daddy3d
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic