OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Can't post with cell phone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't post with cell phone
    Posted: August/27/2009 at 17:01

Has anyone else tried to post in a thread or reply to a PM with their cell phone/smartphone?

I tried, and the only place I can type is in the subject box. My phone is a touch screen and it automatically brings the keyboard up when you tap any text box. Like I said, it works in the subject box, but not in the message box. My phone is an HTC Touch Diamond and it has the Windows Mobile operating system. I'm just wondering if this is caused by Windows Mobile phones or if it's an HTC problem.

Casey
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2009 at 20:18
I have posted with my Blackberry.  Had to put in the subject, then scroll down, tap in the message part and type.  Don't know about your phone though.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2009 at 06:48
 This is just crazy! I just tried again, for about an hour, without success. My phone WILL NOT recognize the message box as a text box. I tried everything I know to do. I tried typing the message in Microsoft Word (mobile), then  copying/pasting, but that won't work either. I can copy the text in Word, but I can't paste the text in the message box. Since my phone won't bring the keyboard up (while trying to enter text into the message box), I found a way to bring it up manually.

On my phone, you can tap and hold the send button to open voice command. I never use this feature, so I decided to change the settings to make it open the keyboard instead. Well, you guessed it, no dice. I can type on the keyboard when it comes up, but no text is entered into the text (message) box, or anywhere else that I can find for that matter. Apparently my phone is not compatible with opticstalk forum

I don't have any poblems in other forums that are VBullitin. I can start new threads, post replies and everything.

Oh well, maybe I can with my next phone.

I guess I should have went with the Blackberry.
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2009 at 08:06
Aint technology great!
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2009 at 10:48
Originally posted by magshooter1 magshooter1 wrote:

Aint technology great!

Ha ha.. Yeah, sure is.

"Can you hear me now?" Whacko
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic