OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

JL Breaker optical

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wt200999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JL Breaker optical
    Posted: June/30/2005 at 10:15
    I found this binocular that I want to find out more how to use it, But I cant find any documentaion on it. I have searched all morning nline but found nothing.

I want to know how to use the redical thing, it looks like this

The Model # is JL#55888

its

119m/1000m

7Xmin 20Xmax
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2005 at 13:33

I never heard of the brand.  I am assuming that those are hundreds of meter or yards references.

ranburr

wt200999 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wt200999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2005 at 14:10
it says sumthin else on the lens

Weilian optical 7X/119m 20X59M Breaker grossfeld
SniperX View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SniperX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2005 at 15:36

I seen a little bit of them but but not much to help you out! The only place I could locate them was in Poland..

Money talks.Most often mine says good-bye
wt200999 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wt200999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2005 at 15:54
wow. thank you, I'll have to look into that to find the documentation on it mabey that willl help Thank you!

also did u find a website for them, i couldn't. Thank you
SniperX View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SniperX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2005 at 17:01

It is all in Poland so good luck! It's all I could find on it... I know there is a web address may be you can contact them and find out some more information..

lornetki.camk.edu.pl/ test5/breaker12x80.html

Money talks.Most often mine says good-bye
wt200999 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wt200999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2005 at 17:31
Thank you sooo much
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2005 at 18:15

This web page is basically a reviewers comments on the quality and construction of the Breaker Optical 12X80 binocular.  He starts out qualifying his statements complaining that the firm of Breaker Optical does not have its own web site and that the web site of the distributor http://www.prysmat-fotooptika.com.pl does not have much information to offer either.

He postulates that this binocular looks identical to another binocular made by the firm of Delta Optical and speculates that they are probably made in the same factory in China.  He does point out that the Delta Optical binocular uses BAK 4 lenses whereas the Breaker binocular appears to use only BAK 7 glass.

The rest of the the site is a series of both objective and subjective measurements of the quality of the binocular.  For example, the reviewer notes a fair amount of chromatic abberation at the edges of the FOV and states that the collimation of the eyepieces is "decent." He also notes that the amount of adjustment between the eyepeices (how far you can move them apart) is particularly bad.

He concludes that the binocular is decisively unsuccessful model and that he cannot recommend it, despite its attractively low price.

Let me know if you want any other info translated from this site.

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
wt200999 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wt200999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2005 at 20:49
Is there anything about the sight that i pictured on the top I'm just wondering what it is for. I'm probibly not gonna use my binoculars to look too far. I am just wondering what it does. (Mabey it can be useful on the range )
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2005 at 16:55
No it does not, but it is also not a review of exactly the same binocular you mention.  This review is for a 12X80 binocular and you have listed what appears to be a 7-20X zoom model.  The binocular in the review does not appear to have this reticle.
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
wt200999 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wt200999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2005 at 09:10
Ok, thank you so much for you help . Does anyone know of a place that has an explanasion of that. I tried searching for a while, but I couldn' find it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic