OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Target
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Chep scope, again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doetag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chep scope, again
    Posted: June/29/2005 at 09:34
  Hello All, This is my fist time to post, but I have  been visiting here quite a bit. I apreciate all the info that is past on here. Sad to say tho, I cant afford the kind of scopes that most of you seem to use .I just cant get myself to pay $300.and up for a scope. A couple of 3x9 Bushnell 3200 Elite are high end scopes for me. I'am a Tasco, Simmons and Bushnell fan . That being said, has any one had any experiance with the Tasco 10-40x50 target scope. It's going on a 220 swift, mostly to punch paper  with an occasional crow or groundhog.  Thanks for any input.
One Shot One Kill, unless you can get two or more to line up !!!
WileyCat View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WileyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2005 at 21:05
Well, I wouldn't put a Bushnell Elite 3200 in the same class as a Tasco or Simmons scope.  The Elite series scopes from Bushnell are very good- just look at the comments on this forum.  For just under $400 you can get a Bushnell 3200 Elite 7-21X40:  this is a very good scope for the money.  You should not feel that you are "underscoped" with this Bushnell.  In fact, there are many people on this forum, who can afford higher priced scopes, but choose the Bushnell Elites because of thier inherent quality- higher price does not always translate into higher quality.  
WileyCat
TwoLaneBlackTop View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoLaneBlackTop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2005 at 21:44
Best higher powered scope for under $400 in my opinion is the 6-20x40 Weaver Grand Slam. The Micro-Trac adjustments are the best in it's class and the glass is very nice too. The Grand Slam line up is a step above the 3200 elite series and is more comparable to the 4200 elite series by Bushnell but the Grand Slam cost less than 4200 scopes.
74man View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2005 at 21:15

One thing to consider for a scope, what type of recoil? If you are paper punchen or varmit hunting and shooting 100 yds or less, then why would you need the coated lens's.  If you can group your shots to a silver dollar with a less expensive scope then you should hit what you are shooting at. I use the least expensive scopes on all my easy  recoil but with my hunting rifles I use 250 to 300 dollar scopes. I don't want any unwanted glare and a crystal clear view.
I have some 22's with $20.00 scopes and all ten shots get covered with the dollar. Just depends on what you like, nothing wrong with Tasco, I had one on my 270 model 4 and it is just as true as the day I mounted it, like 25 years ago. Like I say, just depends.

CRIMINALS PREFER UNARMED VICTIMS.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2006 at 13:59

Then you will Love the Super Sniper scopes they are the best scopes Tasco makes.

Specifications

Model: SS10X42M SS10X42 SS16X42 SS20X42
Power: 10x 10x 16x 20x
Objective Lens Diameter: 42mm 42mm 42mm 42mm
Field of View @ 100 Yards: 13 ft 13 ft 6.98 ft 6.2 ft
Eye Relief: 4 in 4 in 3.75 in 3.50 in
Tube Diameter: 30mm 30mm 30mm 30mm
Scope Length: 13 7/8" 13 7/8" 13 1/4" 13 7/8"
Scope Weight: 21 oz 21 oz 21 oz 21 oz

Read customer testimonials.

Reviews

Click on the images below to read reviews:

Sniper Country Gunblast.com Serbu Firearms, Inc. Tactical Shooter Sniper World
Sniper Country Gunblast.com Serbu Firearms, Inc. Tactical Shooter Sniper World
AR15.com Very High Power Magazine VarmintHunters.com SnipersHide.com SnipersHide.com
AR15.com Very High Power VarmintHunters.com SnipersHide.com SnipersParadisecom

Recommended Accessories

If you are going to or have bought any mil-dot scope from us you need the Mil-Dot Master.

Don't forget to order your flip-up lens covers by Butler Creek...20EYE, 30OBJ.

See more Super Sniper accessories.

Order Here

< = =text/>

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic