OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weatherby XXII Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NebrVandal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weatherby XXII Scopes
    Posted: August/25/2009 at 19:41
Have the 22 LR BA on order; so, looking for a scope to mount. Have sorta narrowed by choices to 3: Weaver 2-7 Rimfire, Sightron 3-9 Rimfire, & Leupold 2-7 Rimfire. I have a Weaver mounted on a T-bolt, seems to work fine. Just wanted to consider other options.

Thanks,
Steve
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2009 at 20:10
I have the 2-7 Leupold on a T-bolt, and I think it's a nice little scope (and a bit overpriced).  I think any that you have on your list will do well.  I don't know of any others, but I'm sure there are a few....
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2009 at 12:44
I agree with the overprice remark. NICE GUN I have a weaver and I like it so far. It has served the purpose well. Its a money thing too, how much scope can you afford?
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2009 at 13:02
What are you going to use the gun for?
The Leupold has a fine reticle that may be a bit thin for hunting in low light or heavy cover. It is a good scope, though.
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2009 at 13:21
One other offer I have been looking for a Weatherby XXII 22 LR for awhile. If you can not find a scope to fit it please consider sending me the gun and I will take care of it....
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
NebrVandal View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NebrVandal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2009 at 16:37
NebrVandal View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NebrVandal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2009 at 16:39
Thanks for the offer Medic, but I promised the Weatherby to my son if, when he does his Eagle Project; so he can shoot a few squirrels & targets...
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2009 at 20:47
Originally posted by NebrVandal NebrVandal wrote:

Thanks for the offer Medic, but I promised the Weatherby to my son if, when he does his Eagle Project; so he can shoot a few squirrels & targets...

For that use I would get the Leo or the Weaver. Even in a fixed 4X for both.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic