OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Spotting Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA a BIG -1, dissappointed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exhogflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWFA a BIG -1, dissappointed
    Posted: August/20/2009 at 16:47
Posted it here 'cause couldn't find where else but it will make sense...
Placed an order August 13 for a Zeiss full size tripod for $211.95 that I received August19.Problem is what I received is a Tiffen Vista Attaras tripod ( made in China), nothing Zeiss about it except for a label stuck on the box end that says "Zeiss Authorized Dealer", hmmmmm...
To further add insult, the SAME EXACT tripod is available from competitor for $79.95! Of course, I called SWFA and explained my dissatisfaction and the nice lady tells me it's "sold by Zeiss" ( website could explain this better?), that they don't price match competitor (nice to know this after the fact) and I could return it EXCEPT for the 8% restocking fee ( like this is all my fault?)
Nice going Chris, what a way to treat a repeat customer!
and if anyone cares my order number is 258605 Excellent
State Arms Rebel .50 BMG
sorry, couldn't hear your shot
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2009 at 17:13
First off, you need to read and abide by the rules of the forum that you agreed to when you signed up.

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.

Second, we did not know that Zeiss was just relabeling a tripod and marking it up.  We carry everything that is on the Zeiss price list but do not inspect it to see where it was made.  We also have Zeiss lens cleaner that are probably not bottled by Zeiss.

You can not expect us to price match a NON authorized Zeiss dealer from NY, come on!!!  The 8% covers credit card fees we incur, we typically do this on returns that are not defective and no fault of ours, this one is in the grey area so I asked Stephanie to waive the 8% and give you a full refund.  Sorry for any inconvenience.
greywolf View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greywolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2009 at 19:16
You know, exhog, Chris has email and IM access - no need to air the dirty laundry before exhausting all avenues.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2009 at 20:34
exflyer, I don't thnk you are going to get any sympathy here.  Direct contact with Chris would have resolved this in an appropriate manner.  Poor execution...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2009 at 12:28
+1
CBennett View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2012 at 21:57
wow i JUST signed up here but even i know without even looking at the TOS you should have went through proper channels or At least just PM the guy not this.
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2012 at 22:44
C this thread is from 3 years ago...
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
CBennett View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2012 at 23:50
wow slow board i didnt even see that this was only a few pages back...(as i just joined) normally on the boards i frequent 4-5 pages back is YESTERDAY (no kidding lol) so sorry didnt even pay attention...no wonder I didnt get any replies to my Leupold Venana post...:) its only 1 day old
CBennett View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2012 at 23:52
Oh well i give up lol cant even edit my post..i will check elsewhere for my questions good luck all!
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2012 at 00:02
Weekends were made for hunting. 
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic