OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Pentax Gameseeker 3x15x50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentax Gameseeker 3x15x50
    Posted: August/19/2009 at 12:36
A buddy of mine thinks he just has to have one of these for his new Tikka .25-06.  I told him he should look at the Nikon Monarchs in 4x16x42 & 50, the Monarch 3x12x42, Burris Sig. Sel. 3x12x44, Vortex Diamondback and Viper 4x12x40's, or Nikon Buckmaster 4x12x50 which I really don't like but, he did mentioned it as an option.  He is not a Leupold fan at all.  What is the OT's opinion of the Pentax vs. the others I suggested? 
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2009 at 12:41
I haven't seen that model of Gameseeker but they tend to be one of the better Chinese scopes. Roughly on par with a Simmons Prohunter. A step down from the Weaver V-Series, or a Buckmaster, Fullfield II, but a huge step up from BSA.

Edited by sholling - August/19/2009 at 12:42
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2009 at 21:47
I actually own a 4x Gameseeker that I swap between .458 Lott and .458 WinMag.  It is quite reliable, very good glass, one of the best deals I have ever found. 

While the Gameseeker factory is in China, it is owned by PENTAX Imaging Company which is a division of PENTAX of America, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of PENTAX Corporation of Japan.

Wholly Owned Subsidiary

A subsidiary whose parent company owns 100% of its common stock.

Notes:
In other words, the parent company owns the company outright and there are no minority owners. 

Edited by Kickboxer - August/19/2009 at 21:50
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2009 at 10:12
I have a Gameseeker on my son's .22LR and think it is a good scope for the price.  I was pleasantly surprised by the glass.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
jc1295 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2009 at 19:41
I just recently sent one back for a refund! The scope was very good for the price point, but it has one problem. When you crank the magnification above 10X, the image is very blurry at long ranges (200 plus yards). This scope definitely needs an AO for the longer ranges as the parallax was horrible. Hope this helps!
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2009 at 07:54
That's part of what I was telling him.  That once he got above 10x or 12x he was going to NEED an AO.  That was one of the things he liked 'no AO'.  Oh well, maybe he'll take y'alls word for it,  he doesn't seem to believe me.  And to think I used to be just like him... a cheap SOB where glass was concerned.  But I saw the light and error of my ways and started buying decent glass Monarch's , VX-III's and Conquests.  Still have some Lightseekers and Fullfields hanging around.  If I reduced my battery I could upgrade my glass but, YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY GUNS!
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic