OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Target
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

.223 target scope options...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2009 at 06:44
Originally posted by rjtfroggy rjtfroggy wrote:

Bud I had to go to Richard's because they were the only ones that offer the stock for the long action right now.
 Stocky's out of Fla. has 1 but it is in red/beige and I didn't like it, but their supplier (SK) just got bought out by Remington and they don't know if stocks for other brands will be made anymore.
 Also Boyds only makes sporter contour barrel channels and too much wood would need to be removed for a bull barrel.
 You can get one made for as little as $149 or a lot more depending on what you want at Richards. I can't give a report on quality or fit yet because they are 6 weeks out from delivery as of Monday.

Thats just the ticket then!  I am liking the looks of Richard's tigerwood Lamies.  The Wildcat profile is interesting but I will probably go with a more traditional style.  Still haven't decided.  I'll check out boyd's too as my 270Win is a sportster barrel profile.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2009 at 06:46
I just got slammed with a couple grand of dental work so I am a couple of months away from ordering anything.  Please post pictures and let us know what you think of your stock when you get it!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Mill-Rat View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mill-Rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2010 at 19:41
I put my 20x SS on a AR match rifle a month ago and shot a 3x600yd match. I may have been a little out gunned buy people that have been doing it for years, but had a great time! I haven't been prone shooting for at least 4 years. Of course the cal. of choise now is 6mm in this sport.  But the .223 made a good showing and can still perform out to 600.(80 gr's) My rifle was set up for prone and the scope set for 500yd+ parallex, focus set on the "+" side(old eyes). At about 2:00 in the afternoon the mirage came up but I was able to click in some correction and started to shot through it and pound the 10 ring. My SS made it easy to click in adjustments and had good luck shooting in a slight fishtail wind. Once in awaile the mirage boiled so I had to shoot through it to put points on the score card. I had a clear sight picture most of the match, and walked away with a 93%. Not bad after a 4 year layoff. Some (lot) pratice oh ya, Shot aginst highter priced rigs, ya, do it again, you bet !   
"I was only following orders"
            Herman Goering'45
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic