OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Carrying Rifles near the President???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carrying Rifles near the President???
    Posted: August/18/2009 at 08:43
Ok, I know that most people using this site think Obama and the other democrats are....  Wel,l lets just say we know what we think.  Anyway, I was reading this today and thought I would see what y'all think.

While in Arizona, an open carry state (God bless 'em), an unidentified man was carrying an assault rifle at the protest near where Obama was speaking.  Others were  carrying pistols, but it seems that the assault rifle made the biggest impact. 
What do y'all think?  Should we be pushing things in this way?  This guy obama, and his "belivers" are just looking for a reason to take our guns away. 

I don't know if pushing buttons is the way to go...  Opinions?

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 08:49
I love it!!!

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
GLZ View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GLZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 09:08
Obama and his people are being taught that a gun is peaceful. It is a defensive tool. It's not guns that are the problem. The problem are the Criminals that the Liberals allow to roam free.
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 09:57
Whenever I read something like that I'm reminded of Walter in the Big Lebowski:

Reaction time is a factor...
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 11:13
My thoughts are that the more guns there, the better for Obama. Unless the guns are in the wrong hands. No 2nd amendment supporter will use his weapon un an unlawful manner such as what the hacks are fearing. What they really fear is that with so many guns and nothing being attempted, they have nothing to back their claims. The fact of the matter is, that even those of us that would see his sorry ass deported back to Indonesia, would use our weapons in the defense of our prez. (excepting those that aren't the best of what we stand for)
We want to see a peaceful change, one that shows an awakening of the sheeple here. That is until the government "declares or commits an act" of war on us. God have mercy on them when that time comes.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 13:49
I see your point Cyborg but at the same time my thought is what if something were to happen at one of those protest like maybe an anti-gun looney coming and acting like he is a 2nd Amendment supporter and firing a round or taking a shot at Obama. I know people would be on the guy in a second but anti-gun crowd would use that as ammunition for their side.

It takes a lot of people to stand up and change someones mind but it takes only one to screw everything up.....
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 14:35
I walked in on a converstaion, the other day at my extra job.  A Liberal female was mouthing off about Texas' new gun law that now allows persons to carry their weapons in their vehicles.  She was just ranting about how insane it was that the state was allowing people to do this... I walked up and explained that it takes anywhere from 0 to 20 minutes for a police officer to arrive at any scene.  If she was being rapped, and I drove up on it when it started, that would be 0 minutes.  If someone else observed her being rapped and called 911, then the eta goes up.  I asked her, would she want to be rapped for a period of time or have a gun in her vehicle that she could actually be able to use to prevent the bodily harm that was about to happen to her?  Because, no matter what, people take what they want whether its theirs or not.... after a few seconds of silence, and the most shocked look you have ever seen on anyone's face... she simply walked away- dumbfounded. She didnt have a single word to say- at all. 

It is amazin', to me, how many people are willing to give up my rights to carry, posses, and own firearms, simply because they don't shoot, or own their own firearms.
I dont drink, anymore, but all of my democratic friends do. 
It's funny when they start talking about taking guns away, and raising prices and taxes on ammo, because "guns cause crime"... I ask them, how many crime scenes they have gone to in which alcohol was involved and maybe they should bring back prohibition.  The room is always silenced.  Whacko

Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 15:26
Originally posted by Monster Monster wrote:

I see your point Cyborg but at the same time my thought is what if something were to happen at one of those protest like maybe an anti-gun looney coming and acting like he is a 2nd Amendment supporter and firing a round or taking a shot at Obama. I know people would be on the guy in a second but anti-gun crowd would use that as ammunition for their side.

It takes a lot of people to stand up and change someones mind but it takes only one to screw everything up.....

Very true, plus it may open the possibility of some nut takin advantage of the weapon being there and blowin holes in a lot of bystanders. I appreciate the point the people are making. It's our right to bare fireamrs and firearms are only dangerous in dangerous hands, but are these people taking proper procation to prevent someone from using thier weapon as a convience? We all think "no one will ever get my pistol/rifle from me", but I've seen many oppertunities where I could easily take someone's weapon before they could do much about it. And that could be anything from just taking it to sliding a blade in the right spot. It's all in what their willing to do. If this continues, we will see this adminstration flex it's muscle. And I lay you odds the public will do little about it. I do wonder if obamuslim realizes that if he were taken out there wouldn't be too much fuss over it. That has to be a humbling bit of knowledge.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 16:49
  The smartest thing Obama could do would be to commend that guy for excercising his right to protect himself as he sees fit, and for exercising his responsibility in protecting others who won't or can't protect themselves.
 It would him a lot of support.

Fortunately, he isn't smart enough to do that!

That guy was brave to carry that gun there; my hat's off to him.
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 16:55
I would thing anyone carrying a weapon near any leader of a country is taking big chances, if someone pops a paper bag he will probably get at least 10 head shots in nanoseconds. Seeing how much you can aggravate the FBI and Secret service by making their job more difficult could raise your life insurance rates. That rates up there with " hold my beer and watch this " type of thing.
Duce   Loco

Duce
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 17:07
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

The smartest thing Obama could do would be to commend that guy for excercising his right to protect himself as he sees fit, and for exercising his responsibility in protecting others who won't or can't protect themselves.
 It would him a lot of support.

Fortunately, he isn't smart enough to do that!

That guy was brave to carry that gun there; my hat's off to him.

I agree Ron.

Quick note!

The guy was never a threat to the President. I don't think the secret service would have allowed him ever to get into range, open carry laws or no, I don't think that's happening.

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 17:19
bad part about it and im sure you all knew it would come across this way, is that the media made it sound so negative.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 17:26
The Communist News Network didn't like it?   Who'da thunk it!   LOL!!!  It politics guys, heck Obama was hoping that very thing would happen.  Those goobers don't fart without having a committee or think tank brainstorm over it.    
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 17:32
Originally posted by Duce Duce wrote:

I would thing anyone carrying a weapon near any leader of a country is taking big chances, if someone pops a paper bag he will probably get at least 10 head shots in nanoseconds. Seeing how much you can aggravate the FBI and Secret service by making their job more difficult could raise your life insurance rates. That rates up there with " hold my beer and watch this " type of thing.
Duce   Loco

True,  Jimmy!
I think that guy probably knew he was taking a chance of such a thing happening, but decided that exercising his freedom was worth the risk. Again, I commend him!
 And I would argue that he really didn't make anybody's job any harder.  The anti's may have demanded further precautions because of it, but that's not really his fault...it's theirs for being paranoid about him.

I'll bet he could feel all those crosshairs on his forehead the entire time he was there!
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 17:37
Law enforcement get nervous when they see guns out anytime and I am sure you remember George Bush suspended Habeas Corpus in 2006 and it has not been totally restored. These guys could be answering questions in Syria right now.
Duce Smile 
Duce
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 20:46
Yup, the pucker factor is a lot greater when guns are present. 
However, every time I answer a call there are guns involved... mine and my partner's. 
I commend the man also. 
How many members in the NRA currently? 
It would be interesting to know how many of them are in prison for killing someone...
I would guess none but I don't know for sure. 
It's amazing we focus on the many who are doing right rather than the few who are stupid and do wrong.  We bend over backwards for the wrong doers.  Loco 

jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 21:41
Originally posted by Trays 7940 Trays 7940 wrote:

If she was being rapped, and I drove up on it when it started, that would be 0 minutes.  If someone else observed her being rapped and called 911, then the eta goes up.  I asked her, would she want to be rapped for a period of time or have a gun in her vehicle that she could actually be able to use to prevent the bodily harm that was about to happen to her?

Sorry, I know you meant raped, but I just had this picture in my head of some very surprised rappers.Smile
Reaction time is a factor...
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 22:14
The confirmed presence (visually) makes no difference in the actual protocol. The secret sevice detail plans for the possible attack from anywhere, and from anyone. It is also a known that when someone carries openly they are less threat to mean harm. It is a statement, and that's all. They are aware of the laws in the states they are visiting and make the necessary plans.
I commend this man for exercising his rights. If more Americans did so, we would effectively shut the liberals up. It has been the passing of laws that make such actions more and more difficult, that have emboldened the anti's. Again, I say Rights are the "Muscles" of Freedom. Use them and they are strong and useful, Use them not and they are of no use when needed.
Besides, it has always been those that were hiding, or hiding their weapons that have commited the attempts, or the successful asassinations.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2009 at 00:15
Originally posted by jonoMT jonoMT wrote:

Originally posted by Trays 7940 Trays 7940 wrote:

If she was being rapped, and I drove up on it when it started, that would be 0 minutes.  If someone else observed her being rapped and called 911, then the eta goes up.  I asked her, would she want to be rapped for a period of time or have a gun in her vehicle that she could actually be able to use to prevent the bodily harm that was about to happen to her?

Sorry, I know you meant raped, but I just had this picture in my head of some very surprised rappers.Smile

Sorry Trays, but he's right.
 That minor spelling error of yours made that post extremely difficult to take seriously!

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2009 at 01:56
Secret Service does an exceptional job, and it is really quite difficult to keep all of these idiot politicians  D & R alive long enough to vote them out.  Bold the statment may be but foolish it is as well because the rules of engagement for priority level one assets are that deadly force is authorised irregardless of the presence of innocent bystanders.  If a threat exists it will be engaged.    There is always a certain percentage of people loose out there who actually are crazy enough to be a threat, presenting the appearance that you may reasonably be percieved as a threat is likely to be very costly. 

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - August/19/2009 at 16:20

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic