OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss conquest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimpenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss conquest
    Posted: August/12/2009 at 10:33
I am going to go with a Zeiss Conquest in 3 X 9 X 40 for my muzzleloader. Is their much difference in the darkness and boldness between the Z plex or 4a reticles? I hunt in Ohio in alot of hardwoods with some powerline areas as well. Thanks!
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2009 at 10:35
I can't speak for the Zeiss, but my Kahles CLs show a big difference between the plex and 4a.  Easier to see as the sun goes down.
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2009 at 10:39
I personally like the 4A more. Its personal preference a lot of the time though. I would say find one of each to look through. No one knows what you will like more than you.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2009 at 10:49
I'd go with the 4A myself. Had it on a Conquest 4X fixed. It's very bold and easy to see.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2009 at 11:02
I've got a 3x9x40 Conquest with the 4A reticle and I like it a lot.  The thick part of the reticle is a good bit heavier (very bold) than on the Z-Plex which is the reticle my Conquest 2.5x8x32 has.  The 4A will stand out better in extreme low light conditions.  But like Chris said, personal preference should play a big part in your decision.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2009 at 11:02

The 4a reticle is really beginning to grow on me, I was always a plex guy.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Horsemany View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsemany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2009 at 12:45
I prefer the Zplex but I shoot most of my bullets at paper.  The 4a is noticeably heavier/thicker than the Zplex.  It may be more appropriate for a muzzleloader.  Either one will be a good fit.
sniperafar View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniperafar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2009 at 21:28
New to the site and a novice, but I just bought a 2.5x8 32mm Conquest and the Zeiss site has a nice set-up where you can use different reticle in regular light and in low light.  The Z-plex reticle that I bought seemed better that the 4a and much better that any of the Rapid Z reticles.  Take a look, it seemed very helpful to me.
Panzer divisions
mlv2k5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlv2k5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2009 at 21:56
BugsNBows: did you get Zeiss to switch out the reticle to the 4a on your 4x conquest? I have been thinking very seriously about buying that scope the only thing holding me back is the lack of reticle choices. I am looking for a scope with the 4a.
-Michael
Black Squirrel View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Squirrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2009 at 01:09
Check out Zeiss' new reticle selector:

http://www.zeiss.com/C12568CF00206298/ContainerTitel/ReticleSelector/$File/index.html

It gives you an idea how the reticle looks. It's pretty accurate. Very nice feature. Zeiss and Leupold do the best job at accurately representing their reticles in literature and website.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic