OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Internal objective diameter of Hawke 44 mm scopes?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Internal objective diameter of Hawke 44 mm scopes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pro_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Internal objective diameter of Hawke 44 mm scopes?
    Posted: August/07/2009 at 15:04
I recently bought a Hawke 44mm sunshade which I wanted to try on my Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 scope. I figured since it only cost $15 it was worth the risk.

After removing the front ring on my Trophy, I found that the thread pitch was the same as on the Hawke sunshade. So far so good.

But the sunshade's diameter was much, much too big for my scope. So much in fact, that I became a little suspicious and measured it. And it turned out that the smallest internal diameter on the sunshade was 48 mm. The external diameter is 55 mm.

It says 44mm sunshade on the box, but now I'm wondering if they may have put their (also available) 50mm sunshade in the box by mistake.

If this sunshade fits a 44mm Hawke scope, it means they have an internal objective diameter of about 51 mm... which doesn't sound quite right.

So does anyone here have a Hawke scope with a 44mm objective on it?

If so, could you please measure the inside diameter on the objective (where the thread for the sunshade is)?

Thank you!! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic