OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

30 mm rings that fit a 3/8 dovetail receiver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlv2k5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 30 mm rings that fit a 3/8 dovetail receiver
    Posted: August/07/2009 at 12:44
Does anyone have experience with 30mm rings for a 3/8" .22 style receiver? I am looking for a good set of steel rings but have never tried to find 30mm rings in this configuration before.
-Michael
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2009 at 13:37
  All I could find right off,Michael but I've read positive reports on 'em:

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2009 at 19:51
 I knew it was only a matter of time before you were going to ask that question! Light It Up

What scope are you looking at for your K-31 now, Michael ?

The Milletts that Earl mentioned are what St. Marie recommends for the mounts they sell,
 It looks like they are windage-adjustable, which is probably why they recommend them on a mil-surp rifle. (Lots of production variables in wartime that can cause mounting troubles.)
 In your other thread, I mentioned that I didn't like the small claw on the Millett rings, but they look a little wider in Earl's link than I remember them to be.

Should be good to go!
 BTW, I may very well get to the range tomorrow with my K-31...
 Edited to add:
Iam only assuming you want them for your K-31, ignore me if that isn't the case!

Edited by RONK - August/07/2009 at 19:52
mlv2k5 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlv2k5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2009 at 00:58
Haha, RONK you are indeed on point with your comment. I have been browsing various different scopes and then I realized that the warne rings I was planning on using only come in 1". I still have not settled on a scope, just thought I would see if anything in 30mm was even a viable option...I am going to a gunshow Sunday and will hopefully get a chance to look at some various optics and maybe gather a opinion or two. I will post anything interesting I find out on the other thread. Keep me updated with your project's progress if you get out to the range. I really would like to hear first hand how the mount/scope setup works.
-Michael
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2009 at 08:42

Check out this page: 

http://www.warnescopemounts.com/grooved_receiver_line.html

There's conflicting info regarding the availability of 30mm  7.3 Warne rings. On one line they say that they're available in 1" only, and a few lines below that, in the gray shaded  box, they say that they're available in 1" and 30mm- Med. and High.
 I'd give Warne a call on this one.
  If you call them, try to find out if the centerline of the scope tube will be the same height above the receiver in both the 1" and 30mm Mediums, or if they hold the height dimension from the receiver to the bottom of the scope tube, (which would make the centerline a bit higher on the 30mm set than it would be on the 1" set in comparable heights-Med vs. Med; High vs. High, etc.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic