OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Best Bino Harness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaxwhitetail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Bino Harness
    Posted: August/06/2009 at 12:41
Zen Ray ED2 on the way soon (hopefully).  
I hunt for whitetail in thick stuff and over dry beaver dam fields.
Walking long distances (easy and tough ground) to my stands or with summit on back.
Looking for a bino harness that is the best for the application.
-Holds tight my body.
-won't swing around going over fallen trees ect.
-helps stabilize while glassing
-fits over large coats as well as long sleeve shirts
-most importantly, can be used with my bino's on the way.
Thanks for your help and good luck hunting!
John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2009 at 18:08
I haven't used every binocular harness available, but do prefer the Crooked Horn among the models I've used.
SChunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SChunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2009 at 11:53
Plus 1 for the Crooked Horn variety.  No complaints after 4 yrs of use.  I spend 70+days after whitetail in SC and they are there every day.  There is another link on this site that has links to a few other varieties. 
SChunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SChunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2009 at 15:07
jaxwhitetail View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaxwhitetail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2009 at 15:55
I saw that post.
It had a lot of different types mentioned but I did not come away with 1 or 2 that were repeated enough to be the clear winners.
Or one that works well with the Zen Ray product.
Everyone kind of had their own that worked for them with a couple brands mentioned more than once.
That may be the case- a bunch of good ones, just pick one dummy!
I was re-starting the subject to see if I would get more opinions.
It doesn't seem to be working however.
Thanks for our help though!Clown

Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2009 at 16:05
Most of the binocular harnesses are of the Crooked Horn, style, basically adjustable elastic straps with a means to attach the binocular.  The problem for some is that with heavy binoculars, there can be some bounce.

Two systems that eliminmate the bounce is the Nimrod Pack Systems Bino-topia binocular harness, and the Mad Dog Bino Belt.

Edited by Klamath - August/10/2009 at 16:06
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

SChunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SChunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2009 at 16:29
The problem that I have encountered with Crooked Horns is not when walking or climbing or carrying.  The problem is bounce if I am on an atv.  The two that Steve mentioned apparently solve the horse/atv, truck bounce.
However, with all that said, hard to beat 20 bucks for the crooked horn style.  Hopefullly, however, I can let you know how they work with the 10x43 Zen ED2's after Saturday's whitetail deer hunt opening in SC (if the zens make it on time).
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2009 at 16:40
I don't have the Mad Dog, but I am going to order one.  That looks to me to be the best single solution for the ATV and horseback bounce into your face phenomena.  The Nimrod eliminated a lot of the downward bounce, but still does nothing to stop the binoculars upward momentum.  The Mad Dog has a chest belt that holds the binocular in place.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

nova88 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nova88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2009 at 16:47
i mentioned this in the other thread about binocular harnesses but for the money the harness i use is hands down the best for the price 17.95 and free shipping is hard to beat on a good quality harness.

i found it to be more comfortable then the crooked horn harness i use to own and broke while 4 wheeling (sucked, scratched binoculars)

also it is about half the price of the swaro harness.

i bought it here http://www.mybinocularharness.com
nova88 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nova88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2009 at 16:50
Originally posted by nova88 nova88 wrote:

i mentioned this in the other thread about binocular harnesses but for the money the harness i use is hands down the best for the price 17.95 and free shipping is hard to beat on a good quality harness.

i found it to be more comfortable then the crooked horn harness i use to own and broke while 4 wheeling (sucked, scratched binoculars)

also it is about half the price of the swaro harness.

i bought it here http://www.mybinocularharness.com

apparently i am too new to the forum to post live links so i added the link to the site i bought my binocular harness from  in my signature it's a product i don't mind giving some love to.
Pacific Fisher View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacific Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2009 at 18:39
I bought the Nimrod Bino topia model and it is working real well with my ZEN RAY 8X43's.
muleycrazy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muleycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2009 at 14:54
You may wanna look at the badlands bino harness. Wont bounce around. It will hold your bow while you glass and has some handy pockets for calls,tags,cleaners,ect
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic