OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sad but grateful.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad but grateful.
    Posted: August/04/2009 at 23:08
Earlier today I lost a friend. My girlfriends father Randolf Jones succumbed to the brain cancer. Your prayers are appreciated, and Angela and her family send thanks for the prayers that helped to make his final days here as easy as they were. He passed peacefully and it was a bit of a surprise to all that were there. He smiled at the words of his cousin that was bringing him the watermelon that he was craving.... Then he was gone.

God answers prayers... He may not answer in the manner you wish for, but he answers. I have no doubt our prayers were answered.....His pain and suffering could have been far worse and for far longer.

I only ask now that you pray for the family that is left behind and struggles to fill the void that is left. That the men there left to deal with the women are given to the wisdom of using the proper words to help ease their troubles, griefs and fears..... Thanks my friends, and may God bless each and every one of you.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2009 at 23:54
"God answers prayers... He may not answer in the manner you wish for, but he answers. I have no doubt our prayers were answered.....His pain and suffering could have been far worse and for far longer."

So true!  God know best though, even though we may not understand.

So sorry to hear that Cyborg.  My prayers are with that family, and with you!
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 06:00
Billy my heart and prayers go out to you and yours.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 06:52
   You got'em,Billy.  THOUGHTS and PRAYERS from mine to yours.  Keep the FAITH!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 06:54
My prayers go out also.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 06:54
So sorry about the lost Billy. You knoe where I'm at if you need ANYTHING. Prayers are still going out.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 06:59

Sorry for the loss.

I'm classic shag nasty type.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 09:19
Yes the Lord is a faithful God that is for sure. 

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 11:23
Bill I'm so sorry for your loss, but relieved that he went easy. Prayers will be sent for your loved ones and you.
May God Bless you and yours.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 20:41
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend and your girlfriend's father, Billy.  It sounds like he passed in a very peaceful state, which is an absolute blessing.

You, your girlfriend, and her family will be in my prayers.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 20:51
we will be sure to keep you and your loved ones and their families in our prayers for sure.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 22:48

Our prayers are with you, my friend.  You have my sincere condolences.  May he rest in peace, and his family find peace in knowing that he does. 

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 22:57
God Bless You and the Family, Im Grateful to Hear He was at Peace...

JF
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2009 at 01:00
Hang in there Buddy. Angel

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2009 at 08:23
Thanks gents..... She and her family are so very grateful that your prayers were with her family, and that his passing was as easy as it was. He looked at peace when I saw him being wheeled out of the house.... He had a smirk on his face, and some of his last words were about fishing with his father at the creek.... God bless and rest that poor mans soul. I have no doubt he is in a better place. Now we have alot of work to do around the house.... Things he was planning to get around to, and couldn't but wouldn't have any of us do for him. Thanks again my friends, you really have no idea how much your thoughts and prayers mean to all of us. May God bless each and every one of you.

Cyborg
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2009 at 14:04
Sorry for being late Billy!

I only saw this a few minutes ago while talking to my Mom, checking on her recovery progress.  She could tell from my voice that something was wrong.  When I told her, she immediately put you and your entire G-friend's family into her prayer circle.  She said to thank you and all the OT members that have been praying for her as well.  God bless you all!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2009 at 19:50
That's quite alright bud..... Been late to crash a party a few times myself. Thank you and your mom, my friend, and you and your mom are most welcome for the prayers too. We just buried Randolph a few minutes after 3;30 pm..... The Honor Guard was a fantastic touch, and Taps still pulls tears when I hear it played with Bugle. It was a wonderful ceremony.

Cyborg
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2009 at 21:04
There is something about taps on a bugle that just plucks your heart strings!  Sounds like a wonderful ceremony.   May he rest in peace among family and brethren!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2009 at 22:19

What a bittersweet thing Billy, to have a loved one die in peace surrounded by the love of his family.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all of you again.
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2009 at 01:09
To Each And Every One Of Us That Has Lost Someone Or Going Threw Bads Time.... ALWAYS BELIVE & NEVER GIVE UP. sorry for the lost.

Edited by hunterwingler - August/07/2009 at 01:11
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic