OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS or Falcon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadwild17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS or Falcon
    Posted: August/03/2009 at 16:24

Im interested in either a SS 3X9 FFP/Mil/Mil or a Falcon 4X14 FFP/Mil/Mil.  I've herd great things about both and the occasional dud from each, both on about the same good to lemon rate.  That being said, anyone have any input to way me to one or the other?   Anyone own both and prefer one to another?

Also I noticed on Ebay the SS 3x9 come with the SALT mount and a bunch of other goodies, any word on how many are left / how long that deal will go?

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2009 at 16:59
I have the SS3-9 in the SALT setup and like it allot.

The glass in the SS is better than the Falcon, the turrets on the SS are better than the Falcon.

The Falcon ain't bad, it is worth what you pay for it; however, the SS is noticeably better in most respects.

I've used both, I own the SS3-9 (in a SALT setup) and would recommend that, hands down, if money allows.

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2009 at 09:41
You have already heard of a SS3-9 dud???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2009 at 09:52
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

You have already heard of a SS3-9 dud???

I was gonna ask that too.
Roadwild17 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadwild17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2009 at 15:54

No, just SS in general.  Both the specific model of falcon and SS appear to the be best to date.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2009 at 16:09
The 10X SS has had some failures, aftter almost 15 years in service - many of those years getting pounded in the Sand Box, there are bound to be failures.  The single most important lesson to be learned of those few failures: Chris stands behind his stuff!  Period!

I haven't heard of a 3-9 going down, but it will happen eventually.  With Soldiers and Marines handling it, they will get broke! And when they do, Chris will back them.

Be advised that the 3-9 is not simply a re-tolled 10X, it has better glass, better turrets (in my opinion) and all different internals (since the 10X is a fixed and this is an FFP variable.)

Falcon ain't bad, it is a $350 scope, and you'll get what you pay for.  With the 3-9SS, it is a much better bargain, you get far more than $600 worth of scope.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadwild17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 06:56

Yes, Ill probably just pony up and get the ebay deal as I have found a group of falcon bashers complain about the scope not tracking right.

Any word on how long / how many are left with the ebay deal?

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadwild17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 06:58

Man, you cant edit your post???

Anyway, if only it were 3X12  any way the great pics on ebay showed me the turrets have some features that I like.  That kinda sealed the deal.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2009 at 09:50
You will like it.

When you have more posts, you can edit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic