OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex 7x36 Binos??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flbowman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex 7x36 Binos??
    Posted: July/29/2009 at 13:19
I've been interested in buying a pair of Vortex 7x36 binos for archery hunting but when I do a search, I never see any reviews or comments about them. I would like for you guys to tell me the good and bad about the Vortex 7x36 binos or send me some links or helpful information that I can read about the binos. Thanks...
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2009 at 14:05
Can't say anything first-hand about them; however, I have the 6X (for archery also) and love them, great binos.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2009 at 14:51
I have a pair of the Diamondback 7x36.  They are OK, but I am a bit reluctant to say much, because I think mine have some issues and should go back to Vortex.  The focus wheel is quite stiff and squeaks audibly.  The right barrel is noticeably inferior to the right barrel.  Even in the good barrel, the edge distortion is really noticeable.  The image is pretty bright and I think the new Vortex coatings advertised to be some 7% brighter than the older Diamondbacks seems valid.  The eye cups are quite high in relation to the ocular even when fully collapsed, some 6mm, so they be cause a problem if you wear glasses.

I also have a Bushnell 7x36 EX Archer.  The Bushnell and Vortex appear to be the same binocular in different enclosures.

Neither one can approach the Swift Eaglet 7x36 (which I also have), nor do I expect them to be able to compete with the forthcoming ZEN ED 2 7x36, which I have pre-ordered.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

flbowman1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flbowman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2009 at 10:26
Thanks for the reply and i'll take a look at the Swift Eaglets and Zen Ray's as well. Another option is to go up to the 8x42 or look at some 6x binos. I would like to keep the weight down plus most of my hunting is done in thick areas.
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2009 at 10:34
Well, don't overlook the porro prism designs in the Leupold 6x30 Yosemite or either the Vortex Raptor and EO Raven, which are the same binocular, but in 6.5x32.  Leupolds 6x32 Katmai is a nice binocular and pretty compact for a 32mm.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic