OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

tikka customer service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale.l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tikka customer service
    Posted: July/27/2009 at 22:35
had anybody had to deal with tikka's customer service i hear they are really bad and take a long time were do you buy extra mags, ect. i am thinking about buying one but don't want to be stuck with a gun that don't work or has a defect
dale.l View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale.l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 23:38
do they have parts or a repair importer in the usa or does repairs have to go back to finnlin and parts have to be ordered from finnlin
loaded4bear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loaded4bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2009 at 06:26
It is the Beretta customer service that you have to deal with. 
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2009 at 08:18
MY local store sells Tikka mags as well as many online retailers. 
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2009 at 08:57
Aren't Tikka mags like $75 bucks each, or something crazy like that???  I remember hearing that somewhere.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2009 at 11:39
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2009 at 11:53
Originally posted by loaded4bear loaded4bear wrote:

It is the Beretta customer service that you have to deal with. 

A-MEN, If Beretta has it in stock then it will be no big deal.  The USA service center can take care of most stuff.

The otherside of the coin is, if they do not have have it.  It will be on the slow boat Head Banger.  I'm waiting on a month for an out of stock part...
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

dale.l View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale.l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2009 at 12:17
i think i an going to buy a cz 550 6.5x55 with a kevler stock
Horsemany View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsemany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2009 at 20:19
The problem is Beretta.  They are a disgrace.  45min hold times are not uncommon and they LOVE to charge more than stuff is worth IMO.  Paid $170 for Sako optilok mounts and spent almost an hour on the phone to do it.
CZ's are excellent but I prefer the simplicity and lightweight of the Tikka.
dale.l View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale.l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2009 at 00:36
i bought a tikka t3 lite ss 6.5x55 i called the other day i waited about 2 min to talk to someone in warrenty i asked how long is your turn around time she said 4 weeks maybe they made some changes for the good. i will be buying a zeiss conquest 3.5-10x44 and a set of warne rings. i looked a some cz 550's i noticed the barrel channel was way over sized i called cz to ask if all were like that.he said there new stocks are made to fit two different barrel contors one was a model i never heard of so if you buy a 550 american it's going to have a big barrel gap sounds like cz is starting to cut coners
Horsemany View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsemany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2009 at 06:47
Good choice.  I've got the same rifle in 243.  They're so light and compact they almost feel like a toy.  The triggers are easy to turn down to a crisp 2lbs if needed.   They use the same trigger as my Sako. 
safariarms man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Dolphin Overton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safariarms man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2009 at 22:25
I agree Beretta is terrible.  I have had issues ordering parts (sights) for the Neos.  Took 7 months to get appoximately 20 dollars worth of plastic from them. 
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2009 at 08:38
geez...... I hope Beretta doesn't buy anything else! 
take em!
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2009 at 23:43
Beretta is really slow and expensive.  They even gipped me out of 6 Euros on the world site for a catalog that they never sent.  I am gradually weening myself off of Beretta shotguns.  I only have one over/under, 20 ga. left.  Its a shame I used to own a half dozen of their Mato rifle and 686/687 shotguns.  However, they continue to demonstrate arrrogance and lack of concern for their customers so, screw them.
CDR3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic