OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Center Point scopes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Center Point scopes?
    Posted: July/26/2009 at 08:07
  Had someone ask me about these. What's the word?  Hiding

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
oobray View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oobray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2009 at 13:58
I bought one from Wally world the other day to try on my 6.5 grendel. It looked great out of the package. Really clear glass, using the mil-dot reticle to range targets was within a few yards of my laser range finder. When I took it out to shoot it I got it zeroed, and shot a "decent" group at 100 yards with it. Then ranged it using the turrets and hits were pretty in consistant even without messing with the turrets. I brought it back to zero and it was about 3 MOA low and 5 MOA to the left. I re-zeroed, then brought it out to 500 hundred. First two were hits, then the next few were not, then I had another hit. I could not detect in change in wind or other environment conditions which leads me to believe the scope wasn't holding. I brought it to zero again and it was several MOA off again. I took the scope off and returned it to Wally world.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2009 at 14:17
  Hey o,THANKS for the input!  I don't know what model he got but it's got a mildot illuminated reticle and turrets.  Says he putting it on a .25-06.  I figure he'll be sorry.
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2009 at 17:02
I have one so far it's ok.I see them at Wally world, my scope came with rings and flip up covers.Also came with 2 batteries for the illuminated reticle. 
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2009 at 18:24
  Sounds like his,Randell.  He mentioned rings,covers,and WalMart.
c5_nc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c5_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 15:26
I put one of the 4-16x50s on a 50BMG.  I ended up returning it later to walmart.  As a side note the tape stuff on the inside of the rings (to give a softer grip?) melt in really hot weather.  Mine was actually pretty clear and held zero on a 50, it passed box test and POI was consistant among zoom range.  On this one and one other after playing with the knobs alot things "change".  The last 5 moa of down adjustment (recticle up) would move reticle up and to the right.  On one this out of box, on the other it was after shooting on the 50 and playing with knobs more.  On all of them some of turns do not move the reticle, knobs may go 70moa but only 54-56 of it actually works.  Its that bad if you know the range to begin with with.  The one on my 50 ended up with 33moa of useable adjustment, 5-6moa of inaccurate adjustment.  Odd b/c it and all others started off at 54-56moa.  I had this problem and was nearing end of 90day cash return period so I returned it.  May get another one for a rimfire, have friends using them without problems.  Many out in the woods on 308 and 30-06 lightweight hunting rifles and they survive I guess, probably knobs are never moved.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 15:32
  THANKS c5.  I told him that they were marketed by Crossman,so I figured they wouldn't be to bad for the money.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 17:03
At about $5/shot on a 50BMG, why mount that?

I've neer seen them, don't know much about them, but the sells tells some of their intended market, and I doubt 50BMG was a part of the intended market.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 18:59
i have one on my 22-250 for over a year now still is tracking right, so i bought the little brother put on my 10/20, it's doing great job. they even have red dot, a  cuzing of mine put on his ruger 40 carbine like the hell out of it.

Edited by hunterwingler - July/27/2009 at 18:59
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic