OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

new scope doesn't work. @%$&@!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote st235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new scope doesn't work. @%$&@!
    Posted: July/25/2009 at 19:12
Well I will be calling customer service, Mon. or Tue. when I have time. But I got the SWFA SS 20x42 yesterday. Put it on my rifle and went up to the mountains to shoot. Got all set up, made an elevation change and went to adjust windage and nothing the turret just spins. Now I am very disappointed. I wondered if I should buy one or wait and save more money to get a better one. Well maybe I should just get my money back and save up for a better scope.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2009 at 19:16
Originally posted by st235 st235 wrote:

Got all set up, made an elevation change and went to adjust windage and nothing the turret just spins.

Take a deep breath, my friend.

If I'm reading you correctly:
The Super Sniper has 3 allen head, set screws on the sides of the turrets.
They are probably not tight enough, thus allowing the turret to spin freely. SNUG (don't over tighten) and see if the turret adjusts then.   
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2009 at 19:20
st235 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote st235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2009 at 21:45
I had my eye on those but didn't want to touch anything till cs said so. some people will hold that against you on the warrenty if you turn any screws. But your post pushed me on and click click click they work. Thanks.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2009 at 21:46
with the ss and swfa you dont have much to worry about there. glad to hear it worked out for you.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2009 at 21:53

Once you get your rifle all sighted-in, you can use that feature to reset the turrets  back to read "ZERO", if you wish to. Just loosen the screws, carefully turn them to the appropriate hash mark, and then re-tighten them.

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2009 at 23:53

Excellent GOOD goin',ct!!!!!!!!!!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2009 at 06:24
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

with the ss and swfa you dont have much to worry about there. 

Exactly right. 

Welcome to Optics Talk and glad it worked for you, st235.
What rifle is the SS on?    
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 04:12

That was sharp CT!

RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 06:01
 The old boy knows his stuff...
st235 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote st235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 10:32
I had it built from an old Rem. 700, 300 WM I hunted with since 1976.
Steve 0 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve 0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 13:34
 I have never had a problem with the S.S. 10X42 I've done nothing but beat the christ out of mine. I would like to see them make some changes on the scope though. I think it woould be great to make a 4-16 power variable. there new 3-9 power looks to much like a cheap bushnell, and i would rather have a torn open scrodum than one of those
Steve 0 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve 0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 13:39
The S.S. is a great scope especially what you pay for it. swfa's customer service is bar none top notch. I wish they would all stop teasing me with Xotic I would like to fondel one a top of my 308 ltr. If you have any problems with you're merchandise that you have procurred from swfa call Chris he'll help you out
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic