OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Where to buy Zen-Ray?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lives2hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to buy Zen-Ray?
    Posted: July/21/2009 at 21:45
After recently discovering this optics manufacturer through this forum I think I am going to buy the Zen-Ray ED2s.  I see people are pre-ordering right now but I was wondering where else can you buy the Zen-Ray's on the internet other than the manufacturer?  
shaocaholica View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaocaholica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2009 at 21:54
They have resellers and dealers(theres a link on their website) but nothings thats significantly cheaper and you're probably going to have better service going with them directly.  If you want ED2s, they are only avaliable for pre-order from Zen-ray.com
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2009 at 22:13
The Zen Ray site is the best place to order.  The others are just drop shippers that carry no stock. As for being cheaper, nope.  There is a discount that is automaticallyapplied at the ZR site
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaocaholica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2009 at 22:21
I've seen some of the "drop shippers" offer the after discount price as their base price and only price.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 09:27
We just signed on with them and they will be on our site soon for less than they are on Zen Ray's site.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaocaholica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 11:13
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

We just signed on with them and they will be on our site soon for less than they are on Zen Ray's site.
That sounds great!  I guess just in time for ED2s as well!
FrankD View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 12:38
I am glad to hear it as well Chris. I think Zen Ray has a very bright future ahead of them.
Frank
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 13:10
Chris,

That sounds like a win-win-win.  For you-Zen Ray-and us.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaocaholica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 13:15
The one thing thats really interesting is that the Zen-Ray Summit HD is getting rave reviews for a sub $200 Bino yet they probably get hardly any exposure in the retail/non-forum-internet realm.  I would be nice to see this set on a site like SWFA.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 14:08
We're going to add them to our *Test Drive list too, so you can play before you pay.

*must have 300 posts
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 14:17
What was that Chris?  I can't read the fine print.  Let me go get my spotting scope. 

Thanks Chris for adding this line.  There should be no reason to wonder why we continue to get our optics from SWFA.  Keep up the excellent work.
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 15:03
Why doesn't someone tell those Zen Ray folks to hurry up with an optically superb spotter to compliment the binos?  There'd be alot of takers I think.
SChunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SChunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 15:25
Any time frame for this Chris?
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 15:41
They should be on our site by tomorrow.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaocaholica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 15:56
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

They should be on our site by tomorrow.
What about actual availibility?
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 15:58
Our computer does not know what to stock or how many as it is a new line.  We rely on the mfg. to tell us what the best sellers are and we stock those right off the bat then after time passes our computer learns what people are ordering and we stock more.

Once we get it on our site and you place an order if it is not a model we have ordered already then we will order it the same day and assuming they have it in stock and ship to us timely it should be to you within 1.5 weeks from the time you order.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 16:19

Good to see you still "have it" Chris,  How about an update on the progress of your new store?

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 16:24
It's coming along slower than I would like.  We have 12 acres and a preliminary site plan that we need to finalize and turn into real plans.  We are preparing the lot now by filling in some flood plane areas, we need 33,000 yards of fill to complete that and once that is done things should progress more rapidly.
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 16:24
From recent communication I have had with Zen Ray, they do not expect to have the ZEN ED 2 in their hands at Beaverton, OR, until  maybe the 8th of August.  As far as I know, they are also going to keep the original ED line as is.  They had to bump the ED 2 line a little because they sold out all of their first contract shipment of the ZEN ED much faster than they thought they would.  I would imagine they will ship to Chris on the same day (or day after maybe) as they get their shipment, at least some to get him going, but that is sort of an assumption on my part.
Steve

lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 16:57
Thats approximately 2000-2500 dump truck loads.  Sorry about being off topic.

Edited by lucytuma - July/22/2009 at 16:57
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic