OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

marine vs mountain lion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: marine vs mountain lion
    Posted: July/18/2009 at 09:22
i saw this story online from a web sight close to my native land.
http://www.pinedale.com/#lionattack
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 13:08

Shocked
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 19:00
I fended off a possum with my weed eater once....
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 19:04
That's wild,a story to tell his grandkids.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 19:35
Originally posted by swtucker swtucker wrote:

Did he charge you???  Laugh

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 20:03
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Originally posted by swtucker swtucker wrote:

Did he charge you???  Laugh

No, he did it for free....Bucky

**it's not my fault that we don't have apex predators in Virginia....we gotta make due with whatever critters we have on hand.**

Edited by swtucker - July/18/2009 at 20:09
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 20:08
Can't beat free.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 23:38

I was with my Dad when he killed a racoon with a chainsaw. By accident.  (Cutting up a hollow log for firewood.)

I was splitting, and looked over at him when he stopped the saw in the middle of a cut and I almost died when I saw he was covered with blood.
 It took us a little while to figure out that it wasn't his.
 We split the log open and found the deceased, and a live companion, who scampered away unharmed and climbed into another tree den.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2009 at 18:47
My grandfather told me about a mountain lion that followed  him for a mile and a half when his car broke down out in West Texas  in the 20's .

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2009 at 19:16
i jumped one during a push while hunting elk one year, dont ask me how. but it was an eerie feeling watching something that big disappear into the woods and not make a sound, especially in all that piney dead fall. 
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2009 at 20:24
I have smelled cat spray while hunting up in Wyoming.....of course, it could have been a bobcat.........or a old tomcat...Bucky
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2009 at 20:50
he was on Good Morning America this morning ..Said he had only a minor mark on his arm...Lucky guy ..Of course the show host made some comment about cougars never do that and it must have been sick or overtly hungry
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2009 at 23:04
My cats "toy" with almost everything they kill.  They bring it where we can watch and toss the critters in the air and pounce on them when they try to get away.  Goes on for up to an hour sometimes... however long the critter will last.  Then, they normally eat them on the mat on the back porch. 
But they ONLY KILL FOR FOOD...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2009 at 21:31
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

My grandfather told me about a mountain lion that followed  him for a mile and a half when his car broke down out in West Texas  in the 20's .

I was once hunting a Montana mountainside, slowly working my way toward my cousin after a fresh snowfall. I came upon his tracks, dragging a freshly killed mule deer downhill toward camp.
 After following them a couple hundred yards, I found where a BIG cat picked up his trail and was following him ahead of me. I knew that mountain lions often do that, probably out of curiosity, but I was still a bit worried about what I was going to eventually find!
 He just veered off after a half-mile, and I caught up with my cousin at camp, with a nice buck, unaware that he had been followed. Pretty cool.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic