OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

schmidt and bender value?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: schmidt and bender value?
    Posted: July/17/2009 at 17:10
I have a 1990's Schmidt and Bender 10x42. On the scope it says Biebertal Wetzlar, West Germany. Any idea on a value of this scope. I can't find any for sale anywhere.
War is when the government tells you who the bad guys are. Revolution is when you decide for yourself.
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 21:40
I would say, depending on cosmetic condition, $300-$500 . I am quite sure it cost much more new, but, scopes don't usually retain a high percentage of their value.
 They are, afterall, a glass instrument and only you know how it was cared for. 
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2009 at 00:37
They cost about $1850 new for that (police) model.  Schmidt and Bender still sells that model.  In good condition, I would guess that this scope is worth somewhat more than $500, like maybe $800/1000.  Just my take on German, first tier, used optics.

Edited by Oldtrader3 - July/20/2009 at 00:43
CDR3
bagderRed View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagderRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2009 at 07:16

Maybe try the trade-in form they have here at SWFA and go from there.  I traded in a scope once and SWFA gave me a decent trade-in allowance on a new scope.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic