OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 reticle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1911man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 02:00
I have used both the green and amber dot. I think the green dot is easier to see and I like it the best. The duplex/green dot works great for me in both my 3-9x40 and 2.5-10x56 for low light/night hunting hogs. My only complaint (except for price) is the lack of tension on the widage/elevation turrets. Mine seem to hold zero on a .308 or .30-06 but not on my 9.3x62

If they will fix the positive click issue they will really have a great all around scope since overall build quality is good and the optics are very good.
Bill Wilson
www.wilsoncombat.com
safariarms man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Dolphin Overton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safariarms man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 06:38
I have to agree, I prefer the amber.  I have the bigger brother and find the glass to be as good as any scope I have used with no tunnel vision.  I do not like the huge objective though.  But, you what you gets.  I have not hunted with the 3x9, just looked through them, but would like to get one.  Bought mine when they were not quite in vogue, ie, pre-Boddington article.  I have to agree with Bill, the turret clicks are not quite as positive as I would like, but the pull up feature is nice and it has held poi well on some real hard kickers.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 09:32
just to add some more info

I did some testing with the 1-4x24 (obj) last week, at dusk into the night watching deer with a buddy of mine
I could use the scope well past legal hunting time and could have confidently taken shots at 100 yards with my TB red/green LED scope light setup

ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 09:41
Originally posted by ccoker ccoker wrote:

Some people love the triangle reticle, so don't, I know that Bill Wilson (wilson combat) does a LOT of hunting, and a LOT of hog hunting (he's got a 10K acre setup in north east TX)

he prefers the dot setup over the triangle

Do you think the dot setup is prefered over the triangle for the possibility of taking longer shots?

The reason I ask is because I really don't have anywhere to take a shot over 100 yards. That's not to say I'll never take a shot over that distance, but as of right now I won't be.

10k acres is a lot of land. I'd love to have that much to hunt onBucky.
ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 10:01
 Okay, as far as illumination color goes, it appears that most everyone prefers amber.

I think I can safely eliminate red from my options because of the fact that I'll most likely be using a red light while hunting hogs at night.

Now, ccoker, I'm glad you shared that info about the red/green lights together producing an amber light. If I wanted to leave my options open, (so I could use a light that color in the future) I would probably be better off to go with the green illumination. Of course, if I ever wanted to go with just a green light, wouldn't that render the green illumination useless?

Ha ha... I'm probably making this way more complicated then it should be. A green light may not be a good choice for that particular use anyway, not to mention, I think red lights are the most commonly used and there's probably a good reason for that.
ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 10:06
 Do you guys think the green illumination isn't quite as popular because it hasn't been in production as long?

Edited by ti-force - July/17/2009 at 10:08
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 10:09
I think the color choice will depend a lot of the terrain u plan on using it in.  If you are in lots of green leafy areas, it would seem to me yellow or red would be your best choice, etc etc.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 10:10
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

I have one with the amber BAC triangle and I'm very happy with it.  I only have 2 complaints about it.  I wish it had a little less tunnel vision, and I think the "contains tritium" label permanently marked on the objective bell detracts from its appearance.  I don't understand why they didn't just use a decal for that, but maybe the permanent marking is a NRC requirement; I don't know.  

How bad would you say the tunnel vision is?
ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 10:12
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

I think the color choice will depend a lot of the terrain u plan on using it in.  If you are in lots of green leafy areas, it would seem to me yellow or red would be your best choice, etc etc.

That's a very good point. It stays green here for probably the majority of deer season.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 21:25
Originally posted by ti-force ti-force wrote:

How bad would you say the tunnel vision is?

Well... I don't find it all that objectionable, but there is a moderate amount of the ocular tube visible around the FOV, so I thought it was worth noting.  I consider it a minor design flaw of an overall nice scope.  I certainly don't consider it a deal-breaker, or at least it isn't to me.

Edited by RifleDude - July/17/2009 at 21:26
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 07:39
 Okay, thanks for all the help guys. I'm pretty certain I'll be going with a Trijicon, but I'm still uncertain about which one. I'll ponder over it some more and when I figure something out I'll report back to update everyone.

I wonder if another scope manufacturer will ever implement tritium with their scopes. Trijicon pretty much has the market all to themselves right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic