OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Rimfire scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yotimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Rimfire scope
    Posted: July/15/2009 at 16:53
Saw on eBay the other day a "Burris Rimfire 3x-9x-40mm" riflescope.
The model was listed # 200011 and was priced well under $100.00 .
In the picture it didn't appear to have an adjustable objective.
Has anyone seen, or heard of, any info on this scope?
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2009 at 19:47
This is a new model as sold by this web sites sponsor, SWFA
http://swfa.com/Burris-3-9x40-Fullfield-II-Rifle-Scope-P12496.aspx
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2009 at 10:27
It's a buy one get one free deal that comes packaged together.  You get a regular Fullfield II 3-9x40 Matte, Ballistic Plex and a 3-9x40 rimfire scope for $219.95.  Many people are buying them and selling the rimfire scope to lower their cost in the Fullfield II.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2009 at 11:25
Thanks for clearing that up, Chris. I didn't pay enough attention to the print in the upper right.
This looks to be a very good deal if the rimfire glass is equal to the regular FF.
GoldenDog1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDog1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2009 at 14:52
Just to add a little more info to Chris's reply, the twofer promo scope is manufactured in China and not to very high specs.  Spoke to the Customer Service Department at Burris.  He suggested at the prices these scopes are going for in Ebay -- $66 to $85, you could do better.
blriches View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blriches Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2011 at 18:31
I have one of the Burris Rimfire scopes and think it is a fairly good scope for a rimfire.  Sure it is not the quality of a Leupold or some other expensive scope.  They are not going to put a real expensive scope in a package deal like that with a better quality scope.   Mine came with a Burris Fullfield II 4.5x-14x scope that I bought.  I bought the package deal because I also wanted the rimfire scope to put on a .22 rifle.  A few days ago I shot a five shot group with the scope on my Ruger Model 77/22 that was just a little over 3/4 of an inch at 100 yards.  That group was with American Eagle (Federal) ammo and not target ammo.  I think it is a fairly nice scope as a bonus for buying a more expensive Burris scope.   
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2011 at 21:02
" OK!!! Wait just a minute!!  What quality is the 3X9 Fullfield II scope!!??  Is that scope the same as if you just bought a Burris 3X9 Fullfield II all by itself?? "   

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
blriches View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blriches Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2011 at 16:27
The Burris Fullfield II that I bought was a 4.5x-14x scope not a 3x-9x.  I assume it is the same Fullfield II as if I bought the scope by itself.  I have no way of knowing.  It looks like a very good scope and I am happy with it.
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2011 at 16:48
I have one of the Burris rimfire scopes and it seems like a very decent scope to me. A Burris customer service rep told me the main difference between it and the FFII is that the rimfire's paralax is set for 50yds. instead of 100yds. He also stated it carries the same forever warranty as all Burris optics do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic