OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New item for SWFA!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New item for SWFA!!!!!
    Posted: July/15/2009 at 14:54
We have been waiting to get our hands on some new items for SWFA.  They finally arrived and we are very excited!!!! Yippee

New for 2009 S.S.A.L.T. from SWFA Inc

SWFA SS AR-S.S.A.L.T. 30mm Scope Mount 

SWFA SS Aluminum Mounting 30mm RingsSWFA SS Aluminum Mounting 30mm Rings

SWFA SS Aluminum Mounting 30mm Picatinny Ring TopSWFA SS Aluminum Mounting 30mm Picatinny Ring Top

S.S.A.L.T. Mount

S.S.A.L.T. Mount

Weight           A             B            C          D         E

1"               0.60           1.03            1.75          2.43       4.22        2.09          with inserts
   30mm          0.60             .94            1.75          2.43       4.16&nbs
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2009 at 16:38
If you need to have someone mount and test the (Single Solution AR Light Tactical) mounting system., I'll volunteer.

I have a scope that needs to go on a 6.8 upper and this might do the trick.

Let me know, there's a write-up in it for ya!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2009 at 19:46
Damn nice looking rings, like try some of them but got wait for the SS scope (old lady wont let me buy one yet) oh well in time.
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2009 at 21:10
 It looks ALMOST identical to the new Burris. Same manufacturer, I presume?
 Glad they are in, I know they will move quickly!
 If I needed an AR mount, I'd be on that RIGHT NOW! 
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2009 at 21:14

Looks like a great deal!

If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2009 at 21:25
I just bought one, hope the space between the rings is long enough to accommodate the center segment of a USO SN4 1-4, else I'll have a problem.

Will report back soon. 
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2009 at 08:38
Yeah they are pretty close. The advantage we have is the price and it comes with 1" inserts! We also have the round top for those who do not like the the picatinny top. If you like the picatinny top we have that item for sale!! Big Grin

Burris comes with the picatinny top. 

See the difference between the two below!!!!  Big Smile

SWFA   S.S.A.L.T. Mounts     $59.95

SWFA SS AR-S.S.A.L.T. 30mm Scope Mount 
 Burris AR-P.E.P.R.™ Mounts     $69.95
(Proper Eye Position Ready)
New Burris AR-P.E.P.R. 1 Scope Mount                                                                                    

SWFA SS Aluminum Mounting 30mm Picatinny Ring TopSWFA SS Aluminum Mounting 30mm Picatinny Ring Top

If you need more information or would like to purchase one just give me a call. They're ready to ship!

Edited by Stephanie - July/16/2009 at 08:56

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2009 at 16:52
Just got my Quantum notification, ordered last night, leaving SWFA today, should be here at my door tomorrow, pictures to follow.
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2009 at 22:11
Tagged for interest.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 00:16
I'd really like to see you carry the full LaRue  mount line. 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 10:50
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Us too!  We tried but Mark LaRue went crazy on us.  We called a few years back to get signed up and he accused us of trying to get his price list so we could give it to A.R.M.S. or something.  He hung up and wouldn't take our call.  We tried to speak with him at S.H.O.T. and he introduces himself like this, "I am THE Mark LaRue, what can I do for you?"  When he found out we were SWFA he went weird on us again and said, "I've got people dying over there right now that need my products, I don't have time for dealers".  Then he walked away.  We were thinking, why are you at S.H.O.T.????  He makes great products and I know we could sell a ton of them but he just isn't interested for some reason.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 17:56
There are no torque specs!

I got my SSALT and, it BARELY fits the SN4, but I have no torque specs to mount it.

I can surmise, but don't know.

The product needs little documentation, but I do need to know torques.
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2009 at 10:30
18in LBS on the ring tops and 40in LBS on the side bolts.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2009 at 17:04
Good to know!
silent_majority View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silent_majority Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 00:51
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Us too!  We tried but Mark LaRue went crazy on us.  We called a few years back to get signed up and he accused us of trying to get his price list so we could give it to A.R.M.S. or something.  He hung up and wouldn't take our call.  We tried to speak with him at S.H.O.T. and he introduces himself like this, "I am THE Mark LaRue, what can I do for you?"  When he found out we were SWFA he went weird on us again and said, "I've got people dying over there right now that need my products, I don't have time for dealers".  Then he walked away.  We were thinking, why are you at S.H.O.T.????  He makes great products and I know we could sell a ton of them but he just isn't interested for some reason.

That's odd, because I heard a completely different story from Mark LaRue. 
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=219&t=177622&page=1&#1357315
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 11:31

The title of that thread on ar15.com is not accurate as we did not slam LaRue.  His response on that thread just adds to the confusion.  A business associate of ours and Mark's suggested we hook up as Mark said.  I was not aware that he called here and if he did he did not speak to me.  Our associate in common got off the phone with me, called Mark and said that he was trying to hook our two companies up as it would be beneficial to both.  He called me back with the contact info, I called and spoke to Mark who did not seem receptive and hung up on me.  I called our common associate back and told him what happened and he could not understand what happened and neither could I, so he called Mark back and that is when Mark told him that we were just after his price list so we could give it to A.R.M.S.  I tried calling back to tell him that was not the case and to find out why he hung up on me.  My first thought was that he must have had me confused with another dealer.

I can assure you that I never said any of the things to Mark that he is claiming.  We were excited to offer his products and to deal with a Texas based company like our own.  I am even more confused now after reading his account of what transpired.  If I said those thing to him do you actually think I would stop by his booth at S.H.O.T. and try for a second time to become a LaRue dealer?  At S.H.O.T. I told him that I don't understand what happened with our phone conversation and there must have been some confusion but that is neither here nor there, we are still just as interested as before to offer your products.  He was cordial to us, never brought up anything about the odd phone mishap and explained that he was not looking to sign up any new dealers as he is too busy.  I am not a rude or a disrespectful person and would never speak to someone like Mark has claimed I did.  Do you think he would speak cordially with me at S.H.O.T. had I said those things to him?

I am not looking to rehash the ordeal and have nothing but praise for Mark and his company.  We send him a lot of referrals and will continue to do so.

Mark, if you are reading this I would like to offer my apology for anything I did to that offended you.  We both run successful firearms based companies, we are on the same team and don't need to be pitted against each other.  There is obviously some confusion in regards to what happened.   We would still like to offer your products but I don't think there is any chance of that happening after reading your comments.   I'll even drive down, shake your hand and look you in the eye and tell you with all honesty that what ever happened was not intended on our end and we only had the best intentions and still do.

After reading your comments and really thinking about it, the only possible situation that could explain both of our accounts is that you spoke with another Mr. Farris here at SWFA.  We are a family business and at one time there were four Mr. Farris' here and two of them named Chris Farris (my nephew).  Chris Farris II was not taking any calls at that time but my brother Shawn Farris was and at that time he was our buyer.  If you called and asked for Mr. Farris in regards to selling La Rue mounts you would have been sent to Shawn which would explain portions of what you recall and the confusion on both ends.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 12:54
Looks like Mark is not interested.  I'll still keep my LaRue armadillo on my desk that he gave me at S.H.O.T. and keep the invitation open.

silent_majority View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silent_majority Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 13:11
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

Looks like Mark is not interested.  I'll still keep my LaRue armadillo on my desk that he gave me at S.H.O.T. and keep the invitation open.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I imagine that has everything to do with your first post.  From an outside prospective, it seemed highly aggressive; especially since you are saying that it may be all chalked up to mis-communication. 
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 13:48
I see your point but it was not until reading Mark's post that I was able to come up with that possible scenario.  I've been wondering for years as to why he treated me the way he did and said the things he did.

When the question came up about why we don't carry LaRue, I posted the reason why and after re-reading it I see that it could be taken aggressively by an outsider not knowing the back story...my mistake and I apologize for it.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2009 at 13:55
Chris,
Don't look now, but there's a deer trying to look over your computer screen...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic