OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What’s the best 4x w/ AO ever made?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeadLobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What’s the best 4x w/ AO ever made?
    Posted: June/09/2005 at 09:05
What's the best 4x w/ AO ever made that will survive a magnum springer and what is the best one currently available?

LeadLobber
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2005 at 16:06
Can't think of any other than Beeman and Simmons.  Simmons discontinued the Pro-Air 4x last year.
LeadLobber View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeadLobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2005 at 16:35
The only one of  decent quality that I could come up with was the Burris Compact 4x with AO.  I might have to look for one.  Interesting enough, the Beeman 4x isn't recommended for higher power airguns.  RWS sells one but I don't know  who makes it for them.  In appearance, it looks somewhat similar to the ProAir but costs a good $50 more.  The ProAir can still be found but I've never had a chance to look at one living out here in the boonies.  What are the impressions of the ProAir 4x? I'm looking forward to seeing the new Simmons Master Series ProHunter 4x32mm w/ AO.  It may be just the ticket.  If only IOR made their 4x32 with AO.

LeadLobber
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2005 at 12:10

The Simmons Pro-Air line is a favorite with serious rimfire shooters and air gun shooters.  They function perfectly and withstand magnum recoil with ease.  Optically they are far superior to regular "rimfire" scopes.

Don't know for certain about the new Master Series Pro-Air because they only exist on paper.  If they are as good as the previous model with the Master Series additions they will be awesome.

LeadLobber View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeadLobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2005 at 14:07
Thanks,  Chris, all very helpful information.  Any word on the latest delivery date of the Master series?  Last I heard, it was going to be the end of July.

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2005 at 14:23
That's what they say but I bet it won't happen.  We are looking forward to them early fall.
STWSniper View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STWSniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2005 at 13:37
I am looking forward to trying out the new Simmons Master series scopes. They may just be what I am looking for to scope a magnum airgun I plan on purchasing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic