OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Barrett 50 Cal.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drd34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barrett 50 Cal.
    Posted: July/10/2009 at 19:53

Ok, I splurged and dropped 9k on a Barrett 82A1 50 caliber. scoped it with a big Leupold and put a watermelon at 1,500 yards on a tree stump. I vaporized the melon on the first shot. Ain't no thang...nuttin but a chicken wing. I've shot alot of long range, but this gun kicks ass. I had little windage so it was a bit of a no-brainer. I had her sighted in at a grand and just dialed in the extra yardage. No thang..a couple clicks. Dusting a melon at 3/4 of a mile was righteous to say the least.

Here's a pic:

You gotta carry it.
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2009 at 20:21
Has a carry handle too!..........9K + scope + about $5 per round?? In Michigan too no less!! Were you the one Obama fired from GM???.Laugh....................Have fun with it!!!
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2009 at 06:08
nice tree slayer
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 11:05
Oh Yea Baby - a true fellow Michiganiac! - Nice job!
Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 11:21
1500 cold bore with a barret 82?  

I...........naw........can't say it here anymore..........................................
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 13:07
My boss just bought one too! I want to shoot it so bad...... Anyway, have fun!Yippee
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
SSgtSmitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSgtSmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 17:27
It's not as cool as a Barrett , but my buddy just bought a Styer HS 50 in 50 BMG for $3,200.  He put an VX-3 Leupold on it with Leupold Perma Rings.  People here in MA sort of freak out when you pull it out of the truck at the rifle range.  As for performance, if you can see it you can hit it.  The rifle it's a damn hoot to shoot the thing.  HAVE FUN WITH YOUR NEW TOY.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 17:34
Originally posted by Mike McDonald Mike McDonald wrote:

1500 cold bore with a barret 82?  

I...........naw........can't say it here anymore..........................................
WinkWink
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 22:29
One heck of a waste of a monster of a watermelon!!!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic