OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Shotgun / BlackPowder Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

A little help from one of you optics experts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skamaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little help from one of you optics experts
    Posted: July/10/2009 at 15:45
How about a little help from one of you mathematicians? The scope is a 2-7x33mm (2.5-6.6 actual) Leupold Ultimate Slam Muzzle Loader scope with their Sabot Ballistic Reticle which is similar to a wide duplex but with a circle and fine crosshairs in the center. These dimensions of the holdover dot spacings are all in inches and not MOA and at the highest magnification. The first holdover point is the bottom of the circle which is down 4.2", the second holdover dot is down 12.5" and the third is down 26.6". Can someone convert these to reflect the amount of holdover at the LOWEST magnification 2x (2.5x actual)? Again, 4.1", 12.5 and 26.6 is at the highest magnification which is 7x (6.6x actual)
Shenko View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 00:28
There is a pdf file on the Leupold site that has all this info, pictures and everything.   It's in MOA.   At a quick look, your numbers appear to be way off.
skamaniac View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skamaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 08:28
My numbers came from Shawn at Leupold.
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 08:28
Originally posted by Shenko Shenko wrote:

There is a pdf file on the Leupold site that has all this info, pictures and everything.   It's in MOA.   At a quick look, your numbers appear to be way off.

Check out Body Page 36 (38 of 40).
 I agree with Shenko-your numbers are all wrong if that is the same scope and specs listed there by Leupold.
skamaniac View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skamaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 09:02
I guess Shawn didn't understand my questions or is FOS.
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 09:06
 He was probably looking at the specs for some other scope. Leupold makes so many different models, I don't know how even they can keep track of them all.
Do you have the scope in hand or are you still shopping?
skamaniac View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skamaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 09:18
Still shopping.  What i really am trying to figure out is whether or not this could work on my crossbow.  
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 09:39
 You know- if you look at the PDF page 36 again, you will see that the numbers Shawn gave you correspond pretty closely with the lowest magnification shown at the right end of the chart...
skamaniac View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skamaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2009 at 10:42
You're right, maybe he mis-spoke when saying they were at the highest magnification.  OR i didn't hear him right.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic