OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

zeiss conquest vs bushnell 4200

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2009 at 19:56
I just got my 4200 2.5-10x40 in today and found the eye relief to be over an inch less than the conquest so I pick the conquest.
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2009 at 20:23
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i have a 4200, and its a great scope, i spent two weeks comparing the 4200 the conquest and the monarch to each other, to close to call. the conquest i thought was a hair better towards last light, and i appreciated the 4" of eye relief. the 4200 has rain guard though. i would buy a conquest myself.

I agree.
skilly1979 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skilly1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2009 at 20:50
both great scopes
safariarms man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Dolphin Overton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safariarms man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 07:06
Obviously both scopes are great.  I own one 4200 and no Conquests.  The 4200 is great and have had not head bumps on a hard kicker.  But, my pet peeve, is as always, try the scopes out for yourself before buying off of the internet.  That is nice thing about it all.  Go to the local warehouse store, spend a lot of time inside and out with both scopes, preferably mounted on a rifle the same as yours, if not, something close, preferably try it at low light, check each for resolution, eye relief, the turrets, etc and then order it from SWFA at a deal.  You may find one thing or an other that definately seals the deal for one scope or the other.  Maybe not.  But, at least you will have had each scope in hand.  Another way is to find shooting friends with each scope and shoot their rifles.  Either way, try to get some hands on experience.  These guys know what they are talking about, now supplement it with some hands on experience.  Would you buy a car just based on what somebody has told you?
boliodogs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2009 at 16:37
I live in Tucson Arizona, a city of 500,000 and I was not able to see a 4200 scope. I heard nothing but good about the 4200 so I ordered one over the internet. I like the scope and plan to keep it but if I had seen in the store I might  not have purchased it. I got the 4200 because of so much good said about it on this forum. When I found the eye relief on the short side I posted it on this forum so that someone like me thinking of buying this scope would know one guy thought the scope could use more eye relief in case he could not examine one. I was never trying to say the 4200 was not a first class scope or that it would leave the shooter with a head full of cuts. I also got two conquest scopes based mostly on good reports on this forum and I sure like them. None of these scopes are on my rifles yet but I am confident they will work out because the people on here really know their scopes and I can learn from guys like you. 
Mike G View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 12:06

Just how good is the Rainguard coating?

Is the tissue in the pocket a thing of the past with this coating?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 12:08
Originally posted by Mike G Mike G wrote:

Just how good is the Rainguard coating?

Is the tissue in the pocket a thing of the past with this coating?

its everything it claims to be, ive hunted in rain and snow and no failures. rainguard is the real deal.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Mike G View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 12:16
good I'm going to pick one up soon, I've fogged my ocular lens on occasion when I've got exciting and breathed on it with a deer a coming.  Not to mention the rain, cold, snow and crap while stalking about
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 12:34
i fogged the lens on my 4200 once and it was really my fault. i usually hunt in a ladder type tree stand. last deer season it was pretty cold -15 or so. i wear a hand warmer (like an nfl quarterback would) i also put an extra large hand warmer packet in there. well i put the scope under the warmer and when i took it out of there it fogged. my fault. breathing alone probably wont do it.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
DAVE44 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2009 at 15:47
I dont believe RAINGAURD prevents fogging so much as it allows you to see through the fogged lens enough to make the shot. You can definately fog up the Raingaurd lens but you can still see through it .
Mike G View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2009 at 12:30
well got my 3200 bushnell today by UPS and after unpacking put that 3200 and banner both 1.5 to 4 variables in the freezer.  Its about 90 percent humidity here today so when I took them out there was no doubt about the fog.

I know what you mean about being able to see through the fog with the rainguard vs not, but I still don't know if I could see thru it on a dark target in the dark woods. It helps, is my opinion at this point and it will be going on my slop gun this fall, but I won't be trading in any leupolds or burrises.
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2009 at 22:03
I've had nothing but good luck with 3200's and 4200's ..and on more than one snowy / rainy day ..the rainguard was a hunt saver
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic