OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

zeiss conquest vs bushnell 4200

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale.l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zeiss conquest vs bushnell 4200
    Posted: July/08/2009 at 21:44
 i would like to know how a bushnell 2.5-10x40 4200 compares to a zeiss conquest and is there any differnce in the zeiss 3-10x44 and a 3-9x40 in light geathing looking for a scope for low light conditions and will hold zero under rough conditions atv,truck,ect. also good customer service thanks dale
dale.l View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale.l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 10:12
how thick are the center hair on the #4 on the zeiss conquest are they visable in low light and still shoot tight groups
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 12:08
optically they are really close .. maybe a very very slight edge to the Zeiss, but offset by the Rainguard of the 4200 .. The reticle on the Zeiss is a touch bolder, but both will work just fine.. each is very durable . The Zeiss is a bit more $$,and to a price point the 4200 is a better buy, but if the Zeiss is in your budget - it's an excellent choice

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 13:32
It would be a tough call for me as well. The Zeiss has a little bit more eye relief and some more reticle choices. The Bushnell might be a little tougher but I'm not certain how much more so. Optically, they are close.
jetwrnch View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetwrnch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 20:20
Zeiss has an etched reticle. 4200 is wire. I've owned a lot of both and prefer the Zeiss. Do a search here and you'll have more than you can read in an evening. At the end you still won't have an answer though. Been there... Zeiss has MUCH better CS. Been there too.
johnfox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 22:42
Originally posted by martin3175 martin3175 wrote:

optically they are really close .. maybe a very very slight edge to the Zeiss, but offset by the Rainguard of the 4200 .. The reticle on the Zeiss is a touch bolder, but both will work just fine.. each is very durable . The Zeiss is a bit more $$,and to a price point the 4200 is a better buy, but if the Zeiss is in your budget - it's an excellent choice

Thanks for posting the link. I've been trying to make up my mind on a scope for my Bob and I've just swung in favour of the 4200.
4200 3-9x are available at very good prices so that's the way I'll be going.

FWIW I've got a Zeiss 2.5-8x and it's my favourite. Very good scopes!!
dale.l View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale.l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 22:52
i have to bob's thats what i am looking for scopes for one is a winchester 70 feather weight the other is a remington 700 classic
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 23:25
I have both and optics are a tad clearer and brighter for the Zeiss for my eyes.For the money the 4200 is a better deal. 
Dshusker View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dshusker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2009 at 06:58
Two excellent scopes. For the cost, the 4200 is hard to beat.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2009 at 09:33
My policy is to not trade away performance to save a few dollars.  It never evens out at the end.  I am always happier with the high performance item.  Settling for less to save a few dollars always leaves one with regrets.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2009 at 11:55
 I'd like to comment on Bushnell's customer service. I own a 2.5-10x40 Elite 4200 and apparently my lens caps grew legs and walked off, so I was in need of another set. I called Bushnell today and asked them if I could buy a replacement set (didn't try to warranty as this was my fault). To my surprise, the gentleman offered to send them to me free of charge.
 Now, I know the lens caps are only $4 + S/H, but I'm greatly appreciative of this, they could've charged me $8-10 but they didn't. I've never had to get any warranty work done so I can't comment on that, and I know warranty work is a lot more important than a set of lens caps, but this means a lot to me. So far, Bushnell is Super in my book.Excellent
dale.l View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale.l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2009 at 21:56
after reading about bushnell's customer service i don't think i will be buying one
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2009 at 22:02
i have a 4200, and its a great scope, i spent two weeks comparing the 4200 the conquest and the monarch to each other, to close to call. the conquest i thought was a hair better towards last light, and i appreciated the 4" of eye relief. the 4200 has rain guard though. i would buy a conquest myself.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
dale.l View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale.l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2009 at 22:08
i have been doing alot of research. just about everyone says nothing but good about the conquest
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2009 at 22:31
in my book the biggest negative i can come up with for the conquest is its price, but a good scope wont be had for free either.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
dale.l View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale.l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 09:35
Originally posted by dale.l dale.l wrote:

how thick are the center hair on the #4 on the zeiss conquest are they visable in low light and still shoot tight groups
are the center hairs on the #4 the same thikness as the plex 
jimmyp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 16:15

Zeiss service is very good.

Check around and ask how good Bushnell service is.

The #4 reticle in the Conquest is very thick, the regular dark plex is very good for me. 
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2009 at 13:08
 I don't own a 4200.but I do own a Zeiss & a elite 6500[very similar to the 4200]Hands down, the Zeiss is a better scope at least to my 63year old eyes.I purchased the 6500 over the 4200 as I wanted the extra range of the 2.5-16 for my 22lr rifle!I love shooting .22lr out at 250yrds,makes me feel like a kid again.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2009 at 08:54
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

It would be a tough call for me as well. The Zeiss has a little bit more eye relief and some more reticle choices. The Bushnell might be a little tougher but I'm not certain how much more so. Optically, they are close.

Ditto what Roy said.  I have both and I find the Zeiss glass ever so slightly better, but the rainguard really, really works great.  Tough call from here.
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2009 at 09:13
I agree with the above also, I too have both and NO REGRETS buying either one.......
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic